32: Welcome to Italy

If you don't follow me then I suggest you do - this way you will be able to get notifications when I post as well as receive any messages that I post (conversations page on my profile). I generally use that area to announce when a chapter is coming or if there will be delays etc. 

Excuse any mistakes!

Gianna Romano

Devonte and I boarded the jet hand in hand. Since he asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday we've barely been apart and I can see us being this way for a long time. He just understands me completely and I understand him fully in return. It's a little weird to be this way but I wouldn't change it for the world. For the first time in my life I am in love and it is the best feeling I've ever felt. I'm on cloud nine and it's all because of the amazing man I get to call mine. We both took our seats and fastened our seat belts.

Not too long after that Elena, Calogero and Adriano boarded the plane, followed by Andre, Alexis, Black and Katelyn. My father had insisted it was fine for Jordan to come along too but he'd claimed it was more hassle and stress than it was worth; which I totally understood but I wish he would've come along. Of course Angelica stayed behind with him and the other girls will be flying out in a few days time, closer to the day of Roman's funeral.

I still can't believe he is gone. That was one thing I've never prepare for; death. People say to prepare for it because it could happen any time but I can't fathom it. I don't want to think of someone possibly dying to tomorrow, it seems so wrong. Unfortunately it's the sad reality of this side of life but I will not be a person that follows such a thing. I'll always be caught off guard when someone passes away because nine times out of them they didn't deserve it at all. Roman didn't deserve it at all.

On a happier note, Devonte was properly introduced to Vittoria (who will be my stepmother soon), Emilio, Giancarlo as well as Adriano and Calogero. Of course my uncles and brothers have him a hard time at first and probably gave him the same 'if you break her heart, I'll break your neck' speech but thankfully they all get along. Him, Adri and Cee have gelled quite nicely and I can already see the friendship forming which is something I didn't expect - without Calogero maybe but definitely not with Adriano.

"Gia!" Katelyn squealed and ran over to me. "I've missed you!"

I couldn't help but laugh and smile. "Aww sweetie, I've missed you too. Did your tooth fall out yet?"

"Yes! And tooth fairy gave me money!"

"He did?!"

She nodded. "One hundred bucks!"

"One hundred? That's a lot! You must've been a really good girl then."

"I always am."

I looked up at Black who simply shrugged and smiled in response. For a man who's so hard and ruthless he certainly is an amazing father. He wouldn't strike you as the type but seeing him with Katelyn brings you a whole other perspective on him. He's a big softy when it comes to his little girl. Who wouldn't be with her though? Her smile is enough to make you melt and give in to whatever she wants.

After speaking with the pilot Adri and Cee finally came to sit down in the seats opposite Devonte and I. Katelyn who was sitting on my lap watched them do so but as soon as Adriano looked up at her with his big blue eyes and smiled, she turned away and nuzzled her head into the crook of my neck. Uh oh..I think this little girl might have a crush.

"Katelyn?" I said softly and gently tickled her sides which made her laugh and look up at me. "These are my almost brothers. This is Calogero but you can call him Cee and this is Adriano but I like to call him occhioni (big eyes)."