28: Explosive

Sorry for the delay, I know I forgot to post it yesterday!

Enjoy :)

Jordan sat at the dining room table in his wheelchair next to Angelica as they both slowly ate the breakfast Emery had prepared. He'd been home for two days and was still getting the hang of things in terms of moving himself around the house, but his girlfriend was there to help him through it all and make sure he was alright. It'd been a struggled making this new adjustment, but he was determined to get through it.

Emery came walking into the dining room and smiled but that quickly faded when she noticed the plate made for Devonte sitting on the tabletop untouched and probably getting cold. She frowned and turned on her feet before marching upstairs. She was fed up with how he was acting and wanted him to snap out of it. He hadn't eaten for days and he kept isolating himself from everybody. The only time he left was to go to the trap, and even then, he wouldn't speak to anyone on his way in or out. She went straight to his bedroom and knocked several times before hearing a faint 'go away.' That made Emery frown before opening the door herself and stepping in.

Devonte immediately looked up at her. "You can't just come in here like that!"

"I sure as hell can!" She shot back which made Von stop instantly. "Quit sitting up here by yourself and moping around like your dog died and come downstairs and spend some time with your brother! I'm sick and tired of you being cooped up in this room and avoiding everyone. I swear if you don't get your bug headed behind down those damn stairs right now, I won't hesitate to whoop you!"

"Em chill."

"Oh don't you dare tell me to chill, just do as I've asked before I get you down there myself! Don't test me Devonte, I had three kids myself and I've been around you for your entire life, you know how I am."

He sighed. "Can I at least get dressed first?"

"Ten minutes and if you're not down here by then I'll come up and drag you down here and it won't matter if your naked or fully clothed."

As soon as she'd finished her sentence with a very real threat, Emery marched out of the room and headed back towards the dining room. She'd just reached the bottom of the stairs when the doorbell rang. They weren't expecting anyone at all but obviously it was someone they knew otherwise they wouldn't have made it past the gates. She walked right over to the door and unlocked it before stepping back to let it open. A gasp left her lips.

"I didn't know you were coming here Ms Wilson."

"Well my sons are hurt. I would've come when Devonte got injured but there were complications with their grandmother. I am here now though."

Emery flashed a smile. "Yes, yes you are."

She knew this could go one of two ways with the boys - really really good or really really bad. There wasn't going to be any in between but she could bet money on it going terrible. How else would they react? The woman hasn't been around for a long time and she chooses now, after Devonte has healed and Jordan comes out of the hospital, to come over here? Any other parent would come as soon as their child is hurt: it doesn't matter how old they are or how far away you live, they're always your babies.

"Where are my boys?" Dorothea questioned with an excited smile.

"Jordan is in the dining room and Devonte will be down any minute now."

"Oh great! Let me go say hello, I bet he'll be so happy to see me."

Emery followed behind Dorothea as she walked through the house and to the dining room. She watched Jordan freeze when he saw who'd just come into the room. Angelica, who had her back to Emery and Dorothea, noticed the change in her boyfriend and turned to see what had made him do so. She sighed when her eyes settled on the woman she knew from pictures she'd seen around the house and just like Em, she knew this wasn't going to go well with either of the Wilson boys.