45: Bad Introductions and Old Issues

This book will be completed soon 😭 I can't believe it...I'm trying to go right up to 50 chapters before ending it and then book two will come out soon after that.

Thank you for supporting me!

This chapter is a lot longer than I intended, enjoy ❤

Gianna Romano

I stood in front of the mirror in Devonte and I's en-suite applying my makeup and putting my hair up. It's almost eleven and my poor baby is still sleeping. He got in after three and pretty much crashed out as soon as he got into bed. I would've woken him up for breakfast but he looked so peaceful that I didn't want to wake up and I know he needs the sleep. He's had so much going on lately that I know he hasn't been getting as much sleep as he should and as his girlfriend it's my job to assure that he does...even with a hard headed person like Von.

Once I was finished, I made sure my outfit was good before walking back into the bedroom only to see him laying there seemingly just waking up. He yawned and did his morning stretch before looking over to my side of the bed. I chuckled when he sat right up upon noticing that I wasn't there. His eyes diverted to me and a smile graced his face.

"Good morning handsome."

"Good morning baby. What time is it?"

"Almost eleven." I said as I leaned over and kissed his lips. "Before you start with the 'why didn't you wake me' shit, you and I both know you needed sleep. I wasn't about to wake you when you actually were having the sleep of your life. As your girl it's my job to take care of you and I'll do just that, whatever it takes."

He shook his head and his smile grew bigger. "I love you, you know that?"

"Mmhmm. I love you too. How did the mission go?"

"It's all taken care of. That asshole won't be putting his hands on anyone ever again." He sighed and stood up. "I have to go to see my grandma today, she's coming back to New York with us."

"Wait...the grandma who has an issue with Jordan?"

"Yeah."

"How's that going to go down?"

He shrugged. "Honestly, I don't know. Hopefully she's not bitter but I can't stop her if that's how she's going to be. This is something that has to be done though. Mom is going to remain in New York and Grandma can't be here alone. I have no choice."

I swear if she steps out of line I'll tell her straight. My father raised me to respect my elders but I already done like this lady for what she did to Jordan when he was an innocent kid, so if she says some shit when I'm around she'll know about it. You're old and that was something that had nothing to do with Jordan, he'll always be innocent so why take it out on him? Why not just love on him?

"Mmmm."

"I was hoping you'd come with me to get her but I don't know if I wanna take you if you're gonna be like that." He grumbled, his mood changing instantly.

"How else do you expect me to act after what you've told me about that woman? As a matter of fact, why even open up your home to her when you know damn well that she doesn't like your brother? How's that supposed to help his recovery?" I snapped.

I couldn't help it, I just couldn't hold it in. Devonte went quiet and stormed past me into the bathroom. Of course I followed in behind him. He'd just stepped in front of the mirror and was brushing his teeth when I entered.