Chapter Seven

(A/N: I know this is short, and horrible, but it's already really late and I gtg. Please enjoy!)

The moment you arrived at your apartment complex, you could breathe easier. You stopped by at the Parker's apartment to pick up Leo, before heading next door to your own home. You had made sure to leave Peter a generous tip, to thank him for your sudden absence. He denied the money several times, only to give in when you threatened to give it to May instead.

Back in your own apartment, you were glad nothing was out of place. The boys hadn't been over, it seemed. It's not that you didn't trust them, it's just that you didn't trust... well, people in general. Peter was an exception. Same as May. But you haven't met his friends yet, nor anyone else in the building for that matter.

Anyways, you set down Leo, before plopping on the couch next to him. May came by much later, to see if you were alright. This was the first time in months that you've reached out to them to cat-sit. Or, practically trust someone else with him for that matter.

After reassuring her a few thousand times, she finally left you alone. You still didn't have the heart to tell her you were going to have to move. And into the freaking Avengers Tower, no less! Still, you just couldn't bring yourself to tell her.

It was a little after midnight when you suddenly awoke to a breeze. You could've sworn you had closed the windows. Locked them even, since it was New York. Yet you still had a rising feeling that someone was coming. Or, that someone had broken in. But how? If your windows were actually locked, it'd taken super strength to open them.

Which led you to believe that this wasn't an ordinary trespasser. They were strong, quiet, and-

Something crashed from your living room. Apparently they were clumsy too.

You rushed into the room. Finally deciding to investigate. In front of you stood a certain, very wobbly, Spider-Man. Labels covered his body, ranging from broken to bruised to sprained. Above his head, you confirmed your biggest fear.

Peter Parker

Of course you had your suspicions, but you had hoped against them. He was too innocent, too... good.

He suddenly sped to turn around to face you, and webbed your arm to the wall.

"Peter! You're hurt! What happened?"

"I- I'm not... Peter Parker. You're Peter Parker." Great. He was delirious.

"Alright, alright, Spider-Man. I need you to sit down, ok? I'm going to help you." You tried your hardest to break out of his webs. "One hundred percent everything will be completely fine, and he will live." You whisper, willing so hard for him to sit back on the couch. Luckily, he did just that. Before he passed out, bleeding coming from all over his body.

"One hundred percent I will get out of this web to help Peter." You say, before tugging on the white sticky substance covering most of your arm. It finally came loose, and you stumbled forward. Leo had already taken up protecting Peter, and was purring on his chest from where he laid.

You rushed to the bathroom, and grabbed all the medical supplies you had. Bandages, disinfectant, tweezers, pain meds for when he woke up, butterfly bandages for his minor cuts, among anything else you could find. You set it in front of Peter at the coffee table, and got to work fixing the major injuries along his body.

He had quite a lot.

His major injuries consisted of a broken forearm, thumb, three other fingers, plus a few toes. He also had a dislocated shoulder. You propped him up, before replacing the joint. You winced, as you placed his arm in a sling. You then glanced over him, and found a bullet hole. He had been shot.