Chapter Thirty

(A/N: really short chapter, sorry. I'm also not going to be able to update anything for awhile, since I'm going camping for my birthday! I'll probably be able to update again around March 7th, for those of you waiting for next chapter. Thanks for reading!)

(Loki's Pov)

"Y/N!" Loki shouted, willing her to wake up. Willing for her to open her eyes, say it was all a joke. Say she was fine.

But it wasn't, he knew it wasn't. She was dying- would die, if she didn't have help soon. He instantly teleported to the Quinjet, laying her on the cot already set up for her. This was the plan anyways, that the team had come up with if she really had been that far off.

There was only one thing that might save her. One thing that he hasn't had to do in hundreds of years, nor did he ever think he would have to do again.

Placing both his hands over her stab wound, he recited the forgotten spell. Normally he wouldn't even have to say the words to a spell, but given how little practice he has had with this particular one, he mumbled the words under his breath.

The unfamiliar feeling of a healing spell rushed over him, as he could feel his magic jump into Y/N. He could feel it healed her to an extent where she could live. Might live. Probably would live.

"Loki, where did you take her?" The captain asked through the earpiece he had worn exclusively for this trip.

"Jet." Was all he could mutter, as the last drop of his magic flowed into her. He stumbled back, willing himself to keep upright. Make sure she was still breathing, that she wasn't too far off. That he had been there in time.

Her chest rose, as he breathed a sigh of relief as well.

She was alive.

Y/N was alive. She was going to see another day. He had gotten there in time.

Exhausted, and with his adrenaline wearing off, he collapsed into his seat next to the stretcher. They were ok. Not great, not nearly presentable, but alive.

And alive was ok for today.

They would be ok.

*

(Avenger's Pov)

As soon as Loki disappeared with Y/N, everyone was shocked. Yes, they knew that they cared about each other... but not to that extent. Not to the point of driving the normally cold and serious Loki into a frantic state, making him finally crack his facade. To make him not care what anyone thought.

For a few minutes they stood there, contemplating everything they just saw. Let alone there was the entire 'bursting a guy's head open' thing to discuss; even if none of them were necessarily against it. That piece of shit deserved to have his brains scattered across the room.

"She- Y/N needs medical. Did Loki..." Natasha asked, still a little shaken from seeing you so near death's doorstep. It took A LOT to shake Nat, and watching one of her family members get stabbed, while already beaten to the point of exhaustion, definitely was on the list of possibilities.

"Loki, where did you take her?" Steve asked through the coms, willing for Loki to answer. To say he was helping her. To say he knew she would be ok.

"Jet." Was all that came through, exhausted and strained. Loki was exhausted and strained. As if he was in pain- which was not something you'd expect someone in mourning to do.

Unless he wasn't mourning. Maybe he was healing. At this newfound hope, the Avengers rushed to the Quinjet, hoping against all odds that she was alive. Loki had done something to help her.

He would do that, right?

The door to the Quinjet opened, revealing Y/N laying on a cot. Alive, with no stab wound. Most of her other deep wounds had been healed as well, although there were still some bruises and minor cuts. Not enough to be concerned about, just enough to show the hell she had been through.

She was alive. Y/N was alive. She'd be ok.

Half of the Avengers looked around the jet for Loki, while the others tended to Y/N. Namely Bruce and Natasha. They really were the only ones with any medical knowledge. Clint headed to fly the jet back to the compound, while the three left glanced around for Loki. It didn't take long to find him sitting near the stretcher, holding Y/N's hand in his. His head leaned against the wall behind him, as he presumably slept. Whatever he had done to save her, drained him nearly as much.

But she was alive. As was he. Maybe not at their best, but the two of you were alive.

And they'd be ok.

(A/N: hehehehe for any of you thinking this book was going to end.... It's not. I'm having way too much fun with this, and it's probably going to see another 20 chapters or so. Sadly I probably won't update for the next 2 weeks since there is NO WIFI at the camping site. Sorry in advance. Thanks for reading!)