Chapter Twenty-Eight

(Avengers Pov)

The team's search for Y/N resulted in absolutely nothing. No clues, no trace, nothing suggesting there ever had been a kidnapping. Besides Loki, of course. He was the only piece of proof that something went wrong, although no one knew what it could be. The team assumed capture -since you would have never left Loki behind- although Fury and Shield seemed more geared towards treachery and betrayal. Whatever the cause, no one could find a trace of you ever existing.

After most of the team's fruitless search, they regrouped at the tower, waiting for their last hope to come through. The last piece that may fit their puzzle. Hopefully. If not...

There was practically no hope of ever finding you again.

"How are you with those cameras, Tony?" Clint asked for the fifth time that hour. Everyone was on edge, waiting to see the results. If there were any.

"Give me five minutes of silence, and maybe I can actually finish this!" Tony snapped back, before returning to his code. It had been about seven hours since Loki showed up, so he really was almost done. Which was why the entire team was sitting in the lab, waiting for the camera feed to show up. Or any feed, for that matter.

"It's not rocket science. This should be easy for you! You programmed an AI for Nick's sake!" Since your arrival at the tower, everyone had taken up your new version of the expression. It really worked out well in most situations.

"I can do rocket science. This is rewriting years worth of code, without an AI, while on a time limit, while trying not to erase anything important. If you're so concerned Clint, be my guest and do it instead."

"Maybe I will-"

"Will you ever shut up? You two are like children. Honestly. Clint, just let Tony finnish so we can go rescue Y/N." Natasha intervened, rather successfully. Everyone in the room grew unnaturally quiet, except for the constant clicking of a keyboard.

"I'm in." Tony finally said a few minutes later. A few minutes of actual silence later. He turned to the holographic monitor in the room, sending the video over to project on the bigger screen.

Two figures exited the back of the building, holding hands. The team could instantly recognise them as Y/N and Loki, as they started walking around the garden. There seemed to be cameras all around, as the view constantly switched to follow the two victims.

A glitch. That was the first thing that happened, as the camera started glitching out a bit. Spazzing and seeming to shake almost. Then you tensed, obviously sensing something wrong. You whispered something to Loki, who replied in the same manner. Loki's hand moved to his dagger hilt, preparing for danger.

"Wait, what's that?" Natasha asks the group, pointing to a figure approaching the two of you.

So you were being attacked.

Right as the two of you started to head back into the building, the mysterious figure revealed themselves from the foliage behind the two of you.

"Asgardian, come with us now." A scratchy, barely audible voice sounds from the speakers, as the two of you freeze on camera.

They had wanted Loki.

"And why should I?" Loki steps forward, properly guarding you from this attacker. The camera feed shows a different image now, one of a car approaching the back parking lot. Where the two of you were right now-

"You don't have a choice. Reisst and we will kill this girl. You have lost, god." There was the threat. At least the team didn't have to worry about your betrayal- not that they were even considering it anyway.