Chapter Thirty-Seven

(Your Pov)

Once you moved into your room, you couldn't be happier. You had slept on your wonderfully soft bed for hours, relaxing in your dreamless sleep. No one bothered you, most of them leaving to give you some space. Of course Jarvis was still monitoring your health, making sure nothing was too out of the ordinary. And nothing was.

Until you woke up.

And realised you were alone. In your strangely unfamiliar room. In the dark. Trapped in the sheets, unable to get enough air. It was just like... As if you were still-

No. You were in the tower. You were fine. They hadn't come back. You weren't there anymore.

"Miss." Jarvis's voice broke through your thoughts, and never had you been happier to hear him. "Would you like to know the team's location?"

Damn he was good at that. Jarvis was definitely your best friend now. Well, at least your favorite AI best-friend.

"Yes please." You heaved a sigh of relief, your adrenaline spike cooling down. You were fine. You wanted to get to the team as soon as possible, or at least see someone else. Know you weren't still alone. That you really were saved.

A few long seconds passed, before Jarvis responded. "The team is in the common room. Dinner is about to be served as well." He said- well, it said. Jarvis said? What was his pronoun? "Is there anything else?"

"No, thanks." With that matter taken care of, you rush off to find your fellow teammates. Dinner? That was... hours since you had fallen asleep. So much for 'just a nap'.

*

"Oh, hey Y/N! How are you feeling?" Tony spotted you first, beckoning you over to your usual chair. Most of the team was here, anyone who wasn't arriving soon. Clint and Natasha were in the kitchen cooking up a storm.

"Better, although still a little sore." Before he could come back with a smart quip, Clint called out from the kitchen.

"Dinner's ready!" He came out to the table carrying a steaming pot of chili, much like the one you had one of the first nights you were here in the tower. Natasha came out as well, probably having cooked the dish in the first place.

"Ooh, smells amazing." Steve says, sitting down.

"Great job, guys. Better than last time!" Bruce said, already digging in. Apparently he really liked chili.

"Thanks. Old family recipe." Natasha said, sitting down and grabbing her own bowl as well. Everyone was caught off-guard from her statement, since she didn't have a family? Or like, a blood-related family? The team had assumed... But maybe...

But after receiving a stern glare from Clint, everyone let it go. Clint wasn't usually someone to threaten, but when he did- well, let's say things are pretty stern.

"So, have a good nap?" Nat asked you, as everyone finally was served. Thor's bowl seemed to serve as his own pot full, although Loki's was significantly smaller. And he had a glass of milk as well, probably from experience.

"Yes- yeah. I did." Yes, you had a good nap. A great one in fact. But afterwards?

Receiving only a confused glance from Loki, the conversation moved on. As did dinner, Loki only going through two more glasses of milk this time. It was probably due to his frost giant heritage that prevented him from enjoying the spicy chili more.

The night moved forward, the team soon settling down for a movie. What movie? None other than the infamous Finding Nemo. Apparently Even the Avengers can enjoy watching and criticizing such a child's film. There were a few members who actually needed to be caught up on modern culture, and what's better than binging old Disney and Pixar movies?

"That... that was intriguing to say the least." Loki said after the movie, the two of you sharing your love-seat peacefully. Your head sat in his lap, as he tangled his hand through your hair. No one said anything, and the two of you just let it happen.

"If you think about it, every character in that movie has a disability. Everyone. It's a really great plot arc I think." You say, glancing up at him from your position. Even with so many people present, and when in such a compromising position, you felt safe with Loki. Had it been anyone else, in your state you doubted you'd be able to stay on the same couch as them. But Loki? Your Loki?

"I've never thought of that." Tony whispered, Leo curling around his chest. Seems Leo has taken quite a liking to the team. Even forgiving Stark for destroying your apartment all those months ago. Seems the Avengers had a mascot after all.

"See, I can be a genius when I want to be." You smirk towards him, Tony then pouting from your comment. It was a quiet evening, each movie losing more and more members as the night drew on. By the end of Mary Poppins- after giving Thor a handful and a half of jokes- it was finally just you and Loki. Alone. In the living room. Again.

The credits continued rolling in silence, as the two of you were now sitting up respectively. It was late, you were tired, but for the love of all things good You. Did. Not. Want. To. Leave. You couldn't face your big empty room again, having to face a few hours of charge by yourself. A few... nightmares- by yourself.

But you had to sleep sometime, right?

"I had fun tonight." You say to Loki, trying to prolong the time together. Or at least trying to work up the courage to go back to your room. After all that time alone, and then the evidence this morning, you didn't think you could survive the whole night.

"As did I." Loki responded, glancing at you briefly. What you'd give to know what he was thinking. "Is something the matter?"

Ah, there it is.

"No. I'm fine." You respond in a beat, trying very hard to lie to the god of them. Maybe...

He gave you a stern, worried, but playful expression. "Please don't lie to me."

Ouch. The please. Loki, god of mischief and chaos and whatever else, asking you to please tell him the truth.

But the truth hurt. You weren't ready to face the truth. If you could survive by hiding behind your mask of fake smiles, so be it. You'd do that.

"I'm fine Loki. Just a bit tired. And, you know. Overwhelmed." You try to laugh it off a tad, his expression softening. Although he obviously still doubted you, he trusted you'd inform him with time.

"It is indeed late, and you are still in need of rest, little one." There it was. His perfect little nickname for you that always made you think of the first time you truly trusted him. The first time you essentially trusted him with everything, the first time you knew your relationship would get better. You would get better. "Remember that I am here for you whenever you need me."

"Thanks Loki." You smile, the two of you finally standing up. You weren't about to be left alone, and walking to your shared floor would be more time without the crushing curse of loneliness.

So you walked. And you arrived outside your rooms, finally separating. You entered your dark, drafty bedroom alone. But the rest of the team was doing the same. If they were ok with it, you could too. You were fine.

You're fine.