Chapter Thirty-Two

(A/N: Cute, fluffy short chapter, but definitely a big plot point. Thanks so much for reading! I love you all🥰🥰)

(Your Pov)

Silence. That was the first thing you heard, as you were brought into a semi-conscious state. You couldn't see anything- you actually weren't sure if your eyes were opened or closed. It felt as if you were underwater, the only thing you manage to hear being deadly silence. And deathly it was.

"Who are you?" A voice finally floated across the dark abyss, reaching your ears like crisp water. You couldn't even hear yourself breathing- which for some reason didn't seem to concern you at this moment.

"I'm Y/N? Uh- Y/N L/N." you stutter, as you talk without talking. It was the weirdest feeling- something like a breathless gasp in the vacuum of wherever you were. "Who are you? Where am I?"

"I am Hela, goddess of death, Queen of Helheim, as well as Odin's firstborn. You are in the stretch between life and death, one of the few places I can communicate with the near-living." She responded, her voice raspy yet elegant. She spoke to you as if she knew something, which is probably the exact reason you were there in the first place.

"I thought Thor was Odin's firstborn?" You ask, curious but not accusing. You really probably shouldn't piss off the goddess of death if you were dead enough to be talking to her.

"No, he is not. Although Odin wishes to keep it that way. As he does to most of his secrets. I, for one, know the true history of Asgard. Unlike the princes who you have wrapped around your finger so tightly." you can hear the smirk in her voice, although you still can't seem to see anything but a black void.

"Why am I here?" You change the topic, hoping to maybe gain information about something. You couldn't use your power of seeing secrets without your sight- nor could you see the arrows.

"I have been watching you, Y/N, and you are not who you say you are." She paused, as you were sure there was the most confused expression across your face. Yeah, you had just made up the name, but you couldn't remember what you used to go by. "Yes, I know of your predicament. Though I doubt you know the full story, do you?"

"What's the full story?"

"Aha, not yet. I have a deal, if you are willing to accept. I have the power to give you back your memories, at a cost." Your memories? You briefly searched your head, and it didn't seem like anything was missing. Unless- Unless she was talking about before the beach. Before the life you know now had come into play. But she was the goddess of death. Surely it would be one of those 'sell your soul' deals... and you really didn't need to have anything like that in your life right now.

"What's the cost?"

"Nothing, yet. I ask you to owe me a favor, which I can call upon at any time."

"What kind of favor? I'm not agreeing to sell my soul to a demon or some other shit."

"I wouldn't expect you to agree to such things. But a favor from she who is courting a prince of Asgard, that is a favor worth having. All in exchange for your memories."

You thought it over. Would it be that horrible? She said she was going to give you your memories back... and it's just one favor... you won't even need to cash it in anytime soon. Probably...

"Fine. But you will return me back to Earth afterward."

"I would have it no other way." She replied, as a snap could be heard echoing throughout the space. A sudden wind surrounded your non-existent body, as you felt as if you were propelled upward.

To infinity and beyond, right?

*

Bright. As if Peter was shining his fancy super-bright flashlight into your eyes, trying to wake you up. And wake you up it did.

Everything felt numb. Your throat felt remarkably dry, and your eyelids felt tired and crusty. It's like you've been asleep forever.

"Ugh-" You manage something of a groan, as you slowly regain feeling in your limbs. You were on a bed... and something was in your hand. Scratch that, someone was holding your hand? You peek your eyelids open, letting your eyes adjust to the light before looking over at your visitor.

It was a certain, very cutely asleep prince. One hand holding yours, one hand in his lap. His hair gently fell over his face, making you crack a smile. It felt like forever since you've seen him.

Gently, although taking most of your strength to do so, you squeeze the god's hand. He shifted, yet still remained asleep. You squeeze his hand again, harder this time, and -while breathing in a large breath- force out something of a whisper.

"Loki?" His eyelids fluttered for a moment, before he sat up and truly started realizing where he was. Even you didn't really know, although you assumed it was somewhere in the Avengers' Tower. Everything was white, making you assume you were somewhere you might've been in the medbay. But why-

Oh.

Oh dear gods, what had you gotten yourself into! They obviously came to rescue you, which is absolutely perfect- but what happened between then?

Hela.

What had she said? A favor for your memories? It seemed forever since you had talked to her- hopefully it hadn't been. You didn't really want to have to go in search of even more memories. Speaking of-

No. Not yet. You were going to enjoy this moment, waiting for Loki to wake up, waiting to see his beautiful eyes again. You weren't going to think about the 'What could have been's. You weren't going to think about your past. Not now. Maybe in a few days, but not now. Hell, you just woke up from a who-knows-how-long probable coma!

"Y/N?" Loki asked, blinking a few times in your direction. He was so cute in the morning. It warmed your heart to realise he had stayed with you... He really did care. They all cared.

You squeeze his hand once more, trying to reassure him. You couldn't imagine how much worrying you put him through, especially if he stayed with you throughout the entire time you were asleep. Actually- How long had you been asleep?

"Y/N!" He instantly sat up, placing both hands on yours. You chuckle a bit, loving how enthusiastic he was being. It wasn't everyday you could see an enthusiastic Loki. He smiles back, rubbing the back of your hand. "I thought I lost you, Love."

Love. There was that word again. It made butterflies flutter in your stomach, just as staring into his eyes can do. You smile back, simply enjoying his presence.

"Mm- Love you too." You reply in a shaky breath. You could feel yourself falling back asleep- although you bet this one was much lighter. And probably less comatose. "Be here when I wake up?"

"Always, my Darling." He replies, still holding your hand as you drift back off into a dreamless sleep.