Chapter Twenty-One

(A/N: My computer got fixed! Yay!!)

The two of you arrived at the kitchen not five minutes after you decided to head downstairs. Neither you nor Loki had taken the time to change from the clothes either you had fallen asleep in; as mostly half asleep, overly embarrassed friends would.

"Morning." You were greeted by three half asleep Avengers, two who actually liked mornings, and one who wasn't yet found. Probably tinkering in his lab, as usual.

It was incredible how people from this many different backgrounds could come together and fight crime. Honestly, it was amazing. Even if they all hated each other in the mornings.

You nod as a response, heading to the kitchen bar. Loki went to sit on his chair in the corner, as per usual. Luckily no one deemed anything unusual. And hopefully, it would stay that way.

Unluckily, no one had made breakfast yet. Or, at least hadn't saved any for you or Loki. But the chances of a cold stove and no dishes heavily suggested no one had cooked yet. So you were left to your own devices, again.

Cinnamon rolls. You had been meaning to make some recently, and this morning seemed perfect. Of course, making them from scratch would take loads of time, so you decided to cheat by using the 'just bake' pre-packaged rolls from the grocery store.

They were done in no time.

You bring out the freshly baked rolls, set them on the counter, quickly plating two servings before the others could access the sweets. According to all prior events, you wouldn't stand a chance in the feeding frenzy.

And over freshly baked cinnamon rolls?

You were as good as dead.

So you grab two forks, set one on each plate, and start to head over to the table to eat the messy breakfast. But before you actually reach the table, you stop by Loki's perch, handing him his daily dose of sweets. You figured a tasty bribe might help the two of you get over the tension between you, especially since it was a part of breakfast.

"I made some cinnamon rolls and thought you might want some. Tell me what you think; if you like them, I might make them from scratch some day!" You tell him, successfully handing off his breakfast. Mission completed. 

Loki stared dubiously at the messy, melting, sweet-smelling, swirled dessert. You could tell he was weary, being careful about what- you don't know. He had liked your pancakes, hadn't he?

"It's called a cinnamon roll. They're absolutely delicious, and you'll love it. Although it can be really messy at times."

"And where are you eating this messy... pastry?" He asked, probably trying to eat it the normal way. Definitely not whatever Clint was doing.

"At the table, where there are plenty of napkins to clean up the times I drip." You reply, starting to catch his drift. "You're welcome to join me, there's plenty of room at the table."

He smirked briefly, "Of course. If this is as messy as you say, then I will undoubtedly be in need of those napkins as well." He stood up as well, and followed you to the table.

You both arrive at the table, where the others have already seated themselves at. Even Tony came up at the smell of breakfast.

"Who made cinnamon rolls?" He teases, calling out to the baker.

"That'd be me, make sure not to burn your tongue." You tease back, although he really might burn his tongue. You hadn't chanced this breakfast.

"I'm not gonna- ow!" He caught his own bluff, burning his tongue just as you'd predicted. After everyone laughs it off, Steve turns sober for a moment.

"Y/N, I was thinking that some combat and power training might do you good. A little precaution for if the 'unpredictable' happens." You agree, as most of the table does as well. "Natasha already agreed to train you in hand to hand; and I don't want to pressure anybody, but you do need magic training." The table seemed to all turn to Loki at the same moment.

"I mean he is the only one we know who can do magic." Clint states, while putting another bite of cinnamon roll in his mouth. Why, in all of the universe, was he eating them with chopsticks?! Let alone succeeding?!

You never imagined Clint as one of those people to use chopsticks to eat messy foods. I mean, you had seen him eat Cheetos with them the other day...

You glance between Loki and the others, trying to decide whether you should say something. He had agreed prior that he would teach you- but you didn't really want to pin the blame on him either. Or seem to force him to teach you.

"I already promised Lady Y/N to teach her how to control her skills, given that I am best suited to help her." He answered for you, and you couldn't hear a lie. Not that you usually did, but it was nice he didn't fib to your face.

"Great. Next matter, my party next weekend! Everyone's coming right?" Tony interrupted the topic that the team, you included, were talking about.

"With no other choice, regrettably." Nat replied, sneaking a glance at you glancing at Loki. Would he come to the party? He didn't strike you as someone to party.

"Well, when you all come to my party, make sure to bring a date. I cannot tell you how many people throw themselves at me if Pepper's not on my arm."

"I think that only happens to you."

"I think you all need to wake up and realize a lot of people would do anything to -pardon my language children-" Tony said, glancing at you and Loki, "'Get a room' with an Avenger."

Did- Did Tony just call you a child?!

"With that settled, Y/N, why don't we get an early start on training. You need extra lessons for the party anyways. It's already Wednesday." Nat asked you, already standing up.

"Yeah. I'll meet you down there." While she heads to the training room, you head back up to your floor to change. Before you leave though, you sneak one last glance at Loki, hoping all tension had dispersed from the morning prior.

And against your luck, he not only caught your eye, but smiled as well.

Maybe things would turn out alright after all.

(A/N: Yes, I know this chapter is mostly dialogue, but I thought a scene with the team at peace would be nice. Also- My laptop got fixed! Here's a tip to everyone, DONT. BREAK. YOUR. LAPTOP. Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter! Thanks for reading!)