Chapter Fifteen

(A/N: did anyone see the first 2 episodes of WandaVision yet? I'm so excited for the rest of it!)

It wasn't much later until a certain someone came knocking. Well, he didn't knock. It was about ten minutes later when Peter barged in. He was carrying a very grumpy Leo as well.

"Sorry Miss Y/N, but Mr. Stark said that if Leo didn't go back to you then he would've tested him in an iron-cat suit. I didn't think that would end up well, and brought him back here." You could see the the cinnamon roll resemblance.

"No doubt. But what was he doing that was so nefarious, Stark threatened a cat about it?"

"He may or may not have started pushing mugs off the table." He said, setting Leo down. He jumped in your lap.

"Of course he did. And here I thought that Leo would actually be behaving himself."

"Like that ever happens. You do remember the llama incident, don't you?"

"How could I ever forget when you keep mentioning it?"

He laughed, "I have to go soon. Aunt May is going to be worried sick."

"You still haven't told her, I figure?"

He sighed. "What would I even tell her? 'Hi aunt May, your nephew is a vigilante fighting crimes daily and doing everything you told him not to do.' I don't think she would take it well"

"Well, The other option is to wait until you're forced to tell her. How do you think she would react then? If something happens to you, and you can't tell her yourself, who's gonna do it? Better yet, how would she react if it didn't come from you?" You pause, as he thinks it over. "Imagine, Tony having to go tell his son's aunt the details, while still emotional himself. How would she react to oh-so-delicate Tony showing up on her doorstep to deliver the news?"

"I never thought of that." Peter said, as Leo curled in his lap. Sometimes it really seems as if Leo could understand the situation around him. "You could tell her."

"You know that I'd only make the situation worse." You trail in thought, before deciding that this conversation was getting dark, fast. "But we'll never have to worry about that because of two reasons. A) you will tell her yourself, and B) nothing unfixable is ever happening to you."

"I can't really control that."

"Do you want me to?" You say, more of a threat than asking. You'd do it, for sure, if it meant that Peter could be safe. If he wanted to. Hell, you've thought about doing it even if he didn't want to. But it would end up horribly. Everything ends up horribly.

"No, that's ok. But, since I am leaving soon, I was thinking that I could spend some time with you." He paused, "Unless you don't want company. I don't want to be intrusive or anything-"

"Petey, you're fine. I enjoy your company."

He smiled, "What do you wanna do?"

*

Almost an hour later, you've done every activity in your room that you could think of. Most of your games had been lost in the move, but there were some puzzles, random board games, and a pack or cards. So you managed to create a whole new game, and promptly named it, 'Game of Risky Battle Ladders', at request of Peter. 'GRBL' was it's unofficial nickname.

Then someone actually came knocking. You glance up, checking who was coming in.

Natasha Romanoff

That was great! Maybe she would join you in your gaming endeavors? Almost every game was better with three players. Or four, but that rarely happened. Unless you counted Leo.

"Come in!" You shout, as the door opens.

"I just came to tell you that-" Before she could finish, she clumsily caught a sprinting Leo. Apparently Leo judged her a cat person. She obviously has never held one though.

"I think Leo likes you."

"No kidding." You reply, smirking at Peter's remark. 

She tried to set him down, only for him to climb back up. Sighing, she simply held him.

"Leo's not going to leave your side until you sit down. I suggest you come play our game."

"What are you playing?"

"The Game of Risky Battle Ladders! Or GRBL for short." Peter said, proud of his great naming skills.

"You're playing Gerbil?"

"I'm offended that you came up with that before us." you tease, dealing her in. But seriously, how did she come up with that before you?

"I'm offended at your offendedness."

"Stop bickering. It's my turn." Peter inturrupts the two of you, playing his cards.

*

Many rounds, fits of laughter, and a few tickle fights later, stomping could be heard down the hall. Peter and Natasha instantly tensed, although they kept their cool facade. Peter didn't seem that concerned, so you didn't pay the passer-by any mind.

Until the door opened, to reveal a rather surprised Steve. Well, he became surprised at the sight. Everything he was planning to say instantly left his mind at the sight of the three of you.

The three of you.

Was it really Nat's intention to join you? And yes, you and Peter have officially been promoted to the 'Nat' nickname club. Peter kept insisting on formalities, but you eventually broke him in enough to call you by your first name only.

"And that's my cue. Peter, I was supposed to tell you that your aunt had almost arrived. Y/N, we'll have to do a girl's night sometime. I wanna hear more about this llama incident. Steve, speak one word of this and you'll have a concussion so bad that you'll be off-missions for a year." She threatened, brushing past him into the hall.

Once he finally got over his shock, he turned to the arachnid. "Peter-"

"Aunt May's here already!? I'm sorry Y/N, but I really gotta go. I haven't even packed!" He said, standing up.

"I get it. No one is late when your Aunt is involved."

"Exactly. I'll see you later!" He said, dashing through the halls. The two of you watch him leave, before you return your attention to the giant blond.

"Should I even ask?"

"No. No you should not." You say, moving to pick up the pieces. If only you knew magic to put everything instantly away. That would be amazing. You'll have to ask Loki about that little magic trick.

"Well, I'll see you at the demonstration. Clint's making lunch too, when you're ready." Ending the awkward conversation, he left, heading presumably back downstairs.

After you finish putting away the game, you head to the lobby to see Peter out. But as your luck would have it, he left before you could get there. Probably because of Aunt May. She was always so over-protective.

You did manage to get some lunch before heading to the demonstration. Clint had made grilled cheese, and quite a lot of it at that. Lunch passed smoothly, and you could only hope your power demo would be the same.

There was still hope for actual luck, right?

Right?

(Note: I know this chapter was short and mostly a time filler, I just needed a few days to fix up the plot for the next chapter. Thanks for reading! This book is officially past 350 views!!)