Chapter Forty

(Your Pov)

"Goodbye! Have a good trip!" The team shouted, as you went with Loki and Thor onto the bifrost platform. Well, technically it was just a large grassy area- but with the markings of the rainbow bridge permanently scorched into it.

"We will."

"Hopefully not too good though." Tony quipped, receiving a collective sigh from the team.

"Leave the kids alone." Natasha nudged the genius, reminding him to play nice. You were going to miss this- all of them, for sure.

"Heimdal, Open the bridge!" Thor called out not a moment later. Apparently that was the end of goodbyes. Upon hearing this though, Loki quickly embraced you in his arms.

"You'd do well to hold on tight, it's quite an experience the first time up." You hugged him tight, holding onto him as if your life depended on it. Which- given your chancy circumstances, it may.

But when you wrapped your arms around him, even when you started rising it didn't feel quite as terrifying as it probably should have been. He felt safe, like he was there only for you.

"You can open your eyes, love." Loki whispered in your ear. Although hesitant, you eventually managed to get them open. And when you did- it was the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. It's like you were seeing the universe whiz past you, but in the most wonderful array of colors. No wonder it was called the rainbow bridge.

Your feet finally hit solid ground a lifetime later. As much as you loved the experience, it really could do a number on your senses- as you learned the hard way when you could barely stand upright afterwards.

"Welcome to Asgard, my princes." A deep voice said, one eerily familiar. "And... Sigyn."

"Uncle Heimdal?" You asked, shocked at what he looked like now. Back then he was working as more of a guard than the protector of the bifrost or anything.

"Ha! Iwaldi always insisted you call me that." He looked toward you sadly. "I am so sorry for your loss."

"Thanks. It's been awhile." You looked away briefly, quickly looking back though when you felt someone squeeze your hand.

Loki. How did he always know exactly what you needed?

"Iwaldi and I were like brothers. We served in the guard together, until..."

"Until the witch." You answered for him, reassuring that he could talk about it freely. It had been centuries since the incident...

"Yes, when she came, your parents and I did all we could to stop the curse, although in the end they had to flee to keep you safe."

"You have my thanks." You smiled warmly at him, before turning to Loki. "So... this, is Asgard?" You looked around the giant dome building, and back to the portal entrance you just came from. It was impressive, although not quite living up to the brothers' descriptions of their home.

Thor and your uncle chuckled lightly, as Loki simply smiled. "No, love. This is Asgard." He said, turning you around to look outside.

And damn. Was it a kingdom. High towers, beautiful architecture, every building made to look fantastic. The rainbow bridge though- that was truly something. It was like you were walking on glass!

"It's... amazing. How do you all live here?! It's just- wow."

"It's your home too, Lady Y/N- Sigyn." Thor corrected himself. Was that your new name now? Sigyn Iwaldidottir? You had rather liked your old one, although you couldn't disagree that this one sounded a touch more... Asgardian.

"You can still call me Y/N, Thor." You said, "It's not like I'm a new person or anything."

"Well you're Asgardian now. That is a bit of a change." Heimdal, your uncle, said. To think your uncle was the gate keeper of Asgard- just... wow. "The King and Queen are awaiting your presence."

After a quick nod, you were swept off towards the palace. You rode behind Loki on his horse, hugging him tightly to make sure you didn't fall off. Or both of you, as no consequences had happened yet. It was strange, something should have happened by now. Something catastrophic, that resulted in chaos and the bad kind of mischief. But there was nothing.

It was almost peaceful.

Almost.

*

"Welcome, my princes." Every guard greeted the brothers, as you strode through the grand halls of the palace. Everything was so beautiful and fancy, it made you feel underdressed. Loki actually had to pull you away from some of the scenery, whether a sculpture or even hand-carved vase full of forign flowers.

Even though you couldn't remember seeing these things, something within you told you this was home. Your real home.

"It would be faster to walk through the whole garden at this rate." Thor chuckled, as you stopped for what felt like the fiftieth time. But everything was so new and exciting, how could you contain your curiosity?

"There's a garden?" You lit up at this mention, as they sighed lovingly at your puppy-ness. You wanted to stop to smell the roses here, although none of these flowers even looked like roses. They were wild and exotic, though you had a feeling they were some of the more common ones.

"Yes, my darling." Loki said, taking your hand in his. "And I shall take you there for the rest of the day if you'd like, but we must see my parents beforehand."

You were still nervous about that. Meeting the King and Queen of an entire realm? That was huge. And something you most probably should not be doing in anything less than some super fancy, poofed up, posh-princess pastel gown. Which you didn't own, and doubted any stores in New York sold affordably. Let alone you weren't even in New York now.

"To the throne room then." You smiled, following quickly. But you couldn't help but think that maybe this was when your curse came into play, that maybe something horrible would happen to the rulers of Asgard. That this would be a disaster.

With Thor leading, you and Loki walked quickly behind him into the large room. The throne room itself. Where whomever was going to be king would be crowned next.

And where you were not only meeting the royals, but also your boyfriends parents. What if they didn't like him dating you? What if they thought this curse was contagious or some shit and-

"Sons, welcome home." The king bellowed, walking with the Queen down from his throne.

"Father." They replied, bowing briefly with a hand on their chest. You did your best curtsy, stumbling out a 'your majesty'. What were you supposed to call him? Sir? King? Your highness? Allfather? Some other Asgardian name for a king?

"And who is this?" He glanced at you, although directing the question at Loki, as if he were to blame for everything. You already didn't like him. But of course you couldn't exactly do anything about it, him being both the King and Loki's dad.

"This is Y/N L/N, of Asgard." Loki responded, turning to you. "My love."

You smiled at his possessiveness. While you found it endearing, claiming you in front of the court before you've said a word might not be the best action.

"And why have you brought her here?" He pressed further, although your attention was brought out of the conversation by the Queen's puzzled look. It was as if she was trying to remember where she had seen you before- although you knew you hadn't. You were pretty sure you'd remember meeting the Queen of Asgard.

"We seek aid in Asgardian magics, in hope her curse may be broken. A curse in which-"

"Unexplainable things happen around her." The queen interrupted, a look of recognition in her eyes. "Sigyn Iwaldidottir. I thought I recognised you." She walked down from her place beside Odin, encasing you in her arms. The Queen was hugging you. Why was she hugging you like some long-lost child?

"You know this woman?" Odin insisted, as both brothers looked on incredulously.

"I do." She smiled, "I was the one that helped you break your curse."