Chapter Twenty-Three

(A/N: Two chapters in one night! Yay! No spoilers, but if you like cute fluff, this is your chapter!! XD Thanks for reading!)

Everyone froze. You were so dead. You were the only one not covered in food, given that even Bruce hadn't left without some crumbs on him.

You knew it was going to end horribly. Just knew it.

"In all defence I was aiming for Thor." You say, breaking the silence, and quickly grabbing some remotely clean napkins. You started wiping the whip cream off his face, handing him napkins to do the same.

"And why were you aiming at Thor in the first place?" He was surprisingly calm, which only set you on edge more. 

"We were having a food fight." And at your past tense confession, the lust for war seemed to finally be broken enough for the others to get cleaning. Tony seemed to be an expert at it, probably explaining how his hair became un-dyed so quickly the other day.

"Why?"

"It's just a fun thing to do. It kinda just... happens."

He smirked, and you realized that the two of you had been staring in each other's eyes. His were such a beautiful deep forest green-

No, you weren't there yet. Neither of you were romantically interested. Not at all. 

Alright, maybe you were a little bit.

Just maybe.

"So why did you come down here anyways?" You ask, heading to throw away the napkins. Turns out Steve had to reclean the kitchen again. This was what happened when the cook cleaned.

"I was going to offer you some magic lessons. Although I'm not sure it might be the right time-"

"Nope. Your timing is perfect." Even though you were exhausted, you could do a few hours of magic. It was better than cleaning. "Quick, before they try to make us clean." You drag him into the elevator, desperately escaping cleaning duty, when two things come to your attention.

One, you had no idea where you were going.

And two, you were still holding his hand. You quickly drop it, trying very hard to conceal the blush you were feeling creep across your cheeks. And see across his too, as he realised the same thing.

"So where were you planning on the lessons?" You try to break the silence, as well as not just be standing in an elevator with a very handsome and attracti-

Loki. Standing in a non-moving elevator with Loki. Your friend. That was all you were.

Probably.

"Stark has installed a new room specifically for magic since you've shown signs of having such abilities. He instructed me to use these rooms when we practice." Loki said, pressing a button on the consol. He seemed relieved for the ice breaker as much as you were.

The elevator dragged down to one of the lower floors. It was still part of the private part of the tower, just lower than the rest. Loki stepped out when the doors opened, leading you to double doors at the end of a hallway.

It was a library. Amazing, aesthetically wonderful, and filled to the brim with books. The room itself wasn't that big, yet it still felt open. There was even a fireplace on the far side of the room.

"This is amazing."

He chuckled. Loki already knew about this and didn't bother to tell you?! "I had to bring some texts from Asgard, since I don't have the materials to teach another with me at all times. Stark thought he found reliable copies as well, then filled the rest of the room with other novels. He claims that every 'magic school' needs a library. I don't know where he gets such ideas."