Chapter Five

*A/N: this is a longer chapter, hopefully it'll make up for my delay... Hope you like it!*

(Your pov)

It was just about eleven o'clock when you left your apartment. You were planning to pull the biggest job you have in a long time. Over thirty thousand dollars. It'd be easier to lay low afterwards. You had decided to rob the Oddly Named bank, (A/N: I don't actually know any banks in NYC, sorry;) since it was the farthest from your apartment. Easier to dis-associate.

Heading to trek the six miles, you make sure to be as unsuspicious as possible. But if someone actually has the guts to glance at you, one glare and they turn on their heels. You were not to be trifled with.

You finally arrive at the bank a few hours later. You had made sure to have plenty of time before the Avengers arrived. Surely they would appear at this big of a heist. You'd be disappointed if they didn't.

Quickly, you approach the back of the building, glancing along the walls for any secrets. It'd be easier if you didn't just walk in through the door. You spot some tiny writing about six feet up. It labeled a vent with nearly a two foot radius. Unlocked. Perfect. You pop off the cover, and get a running start.

"One hundred percent I will make this jump without being hurt." You mumble, and scale the wall easily. Once you're inside, you crawl your way to the vault, pushing the duffel in front of you.

Finally you reach the other side, dropping you to the mounds of cash in the vault. You quickly glance for a camera, but it's too late. You see the blinking red light in the top corner of the room, and sigh. Of course it was actively recording. The Avengers were probably arriving now.

You stand up, ignoring the camera, and stuff as much cash as you can into the duffel. There was nothing you could do but be as quick as you can. In a flurry of movement, you end up with what seems to be fifty thousand dollars inside your duffel. That was easy.

After your last heist, you've quickly learned to follow the arrows. You couldn't reach the vent you came in by, so you had been planning on going back out the back door.

But the arrows weren't pointing that way. They were pointing towards the front door.

So, simply by having this happen before, you follow the arrows to the front of the building; and to the awaiting Avengers.

You quickly hide in the hallway, considering going the other way. You didn't exactly want to face off against the Avengers. In fact, you doubted you even could. They'd win in a fight against you, without even breaking a sweat.

So, ignoring the arrows pointing the other way, you head to the back door yet again. You're about to make it out, when it swings open in front of you. You step back to hide around the corner.

"-Tony said to cover all exits. Stay back here, while I go in." Captain America said.

Black Widow was with him, and nodded.

Crap.

You were blocked in. Better yet, you could hear someone approaching from in front of you as well. They were going to see you. There was no way out.

You quickly look to the floor in desperation. There were always the arrows pointing a way out. Always. You look around for your trademark ability.

They weren't there.

How could they not be there? You look around again, feeling panicked. Your mask definitely wasn't helping the situation, at all. You were going to get caught. They were turning the corner now. You were going to get captured. You were abandoned. You squeeze your eyes shut, wishing to get out of there. To not get captured. To figure out some desperate form of escape.