Chapter Fourteen

After breakfast, you decided it'd be best to head to clean up your room. It was a really big mess, if you remember correctly.

So you walk the hallways, heading to your room, expecting the same big mess as earlier. But when you open the door, you're surprised to see everything back in its place. Everything. Even the things you had bought the day before. It was all set up.

You gasp, as you gaze about your bedroom. It was exactly how you imagined it. Freshly painted walls, the new bed, bean bags, everything.

You start to rummage through your things, exploring this perfect room. It really was perfect.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Hesitantly removing your eyes from the sight, fearing it might disappear, you glance at the door to see who it is.

Loki

What could he want? More pancakes? You open the door, wide, as if putting your room on display. You were happy someone had thought to help you with it.

"I take it you like my gift?" Loki asks, noticing your behavior.

"You did this?" You say, looking around the room. You had thought someone else had done this... but anyone's help would be accepted. "Thank you."

"It was nothing. I'm glad it suits your preference." He pauses, as if steeling himself for what's to come. "Although, I did intend to talk with you about what happened, if you don't mind."

"Given that you've already bribed me, sure. Come on in." Luckily you had a few bean bag chairs just for this purpose. Well, at the time you had it more in mind for Peter, but nonetheless. "Where do you want to start?"

"Do you know what happened during your... dream?" He chose his words carefully, as if he would offend you. Why would he offend you? He had only seen the aftermath.

"Not necessarily. Unless yet another power has appeared. But that doesn't seem likely."

"No, I would assume not." He paused, to shift in his 'chair'. The beanbags really were hard to get comfortable in until they were broken in. "Although, I do have a thought on the matter, if you don't mind me asking."

"Go ahead. Any theory is better than none."

"I have reason to believe that you have adopted Asgardian magic. Magic that seems to have the same signature as mine." He said it bluntly, with no hint of any sugarcoating.

You froze. Magic? As in spells and charms and curses and... whatever else is in magic? You could do that? Let alone, yours matched Loki's! Thor had said no magic could match another's. So how did you get it? When? Why his?

"There is a way to make sure though." His words shook you from your thoughts. A way to know for sure? That'd be great before you go and give up your hopes.

"And how is that?"

"Do you trust me?"

You looked him in the eyes, considering the question. The answer was obvious.

"Yes."

"Then put your hand on mine." He said, oddly relieved, placing his palm up in between the two of you. You set yours on top, also palm up. He closed his eyes, obviously focusing on something. A minute later magic started to spark, eventually growing into a slow green smoke coming out of your hand. He opened his eyes.

"You indeed have magic, Lady Y/N." He said, and you pulled your hand away, inspecting it. No burns, no damage. Suspicious.

Wait-

You had magic.

You had magic? His magic?

This was going to end horribly.

"Why? I just... how?" You ask, too flabbergasted to do anything else. Magic? As in, magic, magic? Like fairytale magic? What would happen if you mess up? You could blow up the entire tower!

He chuckled. "I believe you took a part of my magic when we first met. Although I wonder if you might know why that happened?"

"You mean the interrogation?" You think back to the first time you met. It was when... Shit. "It was when I drained you..." You mumble the last part.

"What?"

"It was an accident. So far, if someone touches me while I'm hyped up, I drain their energy. Your energy must've been your magic..." You trail off, hoping he would pick up on what you meant. Did he even know what 'hyped' meant?

"That seems plausible. Nonetheless, you need training."

"Magic training? Me and magic that I can only assume can be highly lethal? Where would we even do it?"

"I assumed we could use the training room, since it has the space we need for most lessons." He seemed confused, probably wondering why you weren't understanding.

"You mean the one in the tower? Me, with magic, in the tower?" You paused thinking it over. "I'm surprised it hasn't blown up already. What exactly can the powers do? Or, what can you do?"

"Quite a lot. Although I do have specialization in my telepathy, teleportation, and telekinesis abilities. As you've already seen." He pauses when you nod, before continuing. "I would like to know more about your other abilities though. As well as any information about this curse as well."

"Well, there's really only three things that I can do. The first thing is the arrows, which is kinda like an invisible path that I follow. It always points towards my exit. The second thing is that I can read secrets. Literally read anything about anyone or any other thing. Lastly, somehow I'm able to manipulate the chances of something happening. If it hasn't happened, I can make it happen. The 'curse', as you put it, has been with me for as long as I can remember. I think of it as a battery. The longer I go without something happening, when it does eventually happen, it happens much bigger than normal. If that makes any sense."

"It makes plenty of sense. Much more than I previously had known." He paused, contemplating something. "In the kitchen, you mentioned that you had said that nothing would happen while you were in there. You had chanced the curse?"

"Yes. In a way." You pause, thinking about going into more detail. "If I 'tell' the curse not to appear during certain times, especially long amounts of time, then, in a sense, it becomes angry. When the time is up, it'll come back at full force. Like last night. I had chanced a few hours during the marathon, and afterwards with the water... and then when I... when everything happened."

He sighed, wanting to press her for more information about last night. But it was not the right time, nor place for that. "Your magic seems to be dormant enough that we can wait to learn more about it. Until our first lesson, Lady Y/N." He said, getting up. He headed for the door, and left.

Well, that went well.