Chapter 46/ Adrien

I rushed forward, reaching for Marinette as she fell to the ground.

No, no, no, no, no!

I could feel the dread stopping the blood in my body and the blood drained from my face all at once as Mari hit the ground with a terrible definitiveness.

Everyone around me went silent except for four of us.

"NOOOOO!" Alya, Tikki, Lila, and I screamed together.

I don't know why Lila screamed. But she had a horrified look on her face like she finally realized how much a monster she was.

Alya and Tikki both came to Marinette's side as I pulled her into my arms.

"No! Marinette, please!" Alya cried, shoving her best friend. "You promised you would be careful!"

I pressed my ear to Marinette's chest and felt my heart drop to my stomach, and my stomach drop to the ground and the ground sink.

There was nothing. No sound. No heartbeat. She was gone.

I pulled away from her but kept her close.

"Why?" I whispered. "Why are you dead?! You should be alive! You survived! You have to live, you have to!"

"She made her wish." Tikki whispered, and everyone looked at her.

"What do you mean? So what if she made a wish?" Alya asked almost snappishly.

I started to shake as I understood. I closed my eyes as tears fell.

"With each wish there is a price to pay." I mumbled. "She wished all of us back to life, and since she had nothing left, the price was her own life."

"No." Alya whispered, and Nino stepped forward to kneel down beside his girlfriend.

I shook vigorously.

Marinette was my world. And my world had just died.

🐱🐱🐱

•Tikki's POV•

I stared at Marinette, tears pouring from inside of me.

I had already lost the most amazing owner I had ever had. And it was because I let her... again. It was my fault... again.

Plagg pulled me into a hug and I pushed him away.

I was clearly dangerous. I had killed yet another Miraculous holder and even Plagg has never done that. Sure, Plagg killed the dinosaurs. Sure, Plagg made the leaning tower of Pisa lean. But he had never actually hurt real people. Let alone killed them.

"T-Tikki, look." Plagg lifted my chin and I gasped.

Everyone. Every single person here except for Lila had turned into their own form of Ladybeetles.

Adrien grew black furry ears and a long black cat tail. His eyes glowed white and his tears that fell were silver. The Wildcat.

Alya had grown fox ears and a fox tail swished around behind her. Her eyes glowed too. Everyone's eyes did. Alya was the Foxess.

Nino was the Tortoisen. Chloe was the Bumblebee. Everyone was their own super form of Miraculous and the magic was seeping from the corners of their eyes and floating to Marinette.

Each strand of color seemed to inject into her heart.

"Their emotions over Marinette are so powerful that they turned into their superforms without even wearing a Miraculous!" I cried, my tears of sadness turning to tears of joy. "Incredible!"