Chapter 41/ Marinette

As Chat Noir ran away, I saw Deathwish disappear with a flash of darkness out of the corner of me eyes.

My heart ached to run after Chat. The tears racing down my face agreed with my heart.

"Just a friend." I whispered before turning to the direction that Deathwish had run and spotted her.

Screaming, I ran toward, whipped around my yo-yo before throwing at her.

It wrapped around her throat like it did before and she fell to her knees.

I pulled myself up to her, using her neck as if it were a pole. A pole that I was going to snap.

Still screaming, I was launched up to Deathwish. I catapulted over her and pulled her down so that she fell to the street with me.

She landed on the ground right next to me and I quickly rolled over, grabbing her by the hair and pulling her up to her feet.

I swung her around as she stumbled on her wobbly legs and she cried out with pain, yelling at me to stop.

She pressed her hand to my stomach and I threw her away from me before she could fire anything.

She almost fell over, but she didn't.

She held her head in her hands, and as she looked up, I ran forward, jumped, and kicked her in the face. While flipping. Yeah I don't know how I did that either.

Deathwish fell to her bottom and held her bleeding nose as she looked up at me.

I grabbed her by the ears and pulled her up so that my face was inches from hers. The fire inside of me was burning brightly. A little too brightly. Soon enough it was going to start a wildfire.

"FIGHT BACK! FIGHT BACK AS HARD AS YOU CAN! YOU COWARD! YOU CANT JUST KILL MY BEST FRIENDS AND THEN JUST RUN AWAY WITHOUT FACING ME FIRST!" My throat hurt from all the screaming.

I threw Deathwish to the side again, and she caught herself, turning to face me.

She quickly tried to run away, but as she jumped, I wrapped my yo-yo around her neck again and swung her around in a circle in the air before crashing her into a building. She broke right through the wall and crashed right into someone's living room.

As I jumped in, I caught sight of a family running away screaming.

Deathwish groaned as she tried to get up, but I wrapped my yo-yo around her neck one last time and pulled on it as tight as I could, pressing my foot into her chest.

"I told you I would get you." I growled with a wicked smile, and Deathwish clawed at the wire of my yo-yo as tears filled her eyes.

"Please let me go." She begged, but I only pulled tighter, and a small squeal like dying sound that was a wail as well escaped her mouth as her body pulsed in pain. "Please. I have to go to my Mom. I killed her and I have to go to her."

I released my yo-yo and glared down at her. Nothing about who she killed surprised me anymore.

"You killed your own mother? You're sick." I spat.

"It was an accident!" She coughed, and I raised an eyebrow. I no longer had the capabilities of sympathy when it came to her.

"Give me your akuma and I can bring your mother back." I held out my hand, waiting for me to hand over whatever her akuma could be possessing.

Suddenly, something gold flashed on her finger. The one that was under the first glove I ripped. A ring. The akuma.

"Never!" Deathwish yelled before swinging her foot at my head, sending me flying into the wall.