Chapter 15/ Adrien

I watched Marinette as she held her head in her hands, screaming. I couldn't tell if it was from rage or pain, or... anything. But everyone else was in too much of a frenzy to notice.

People pushed past me and Mari until Mari fell to the ground and curled up.

I bent down next to her and put a hand on her back. She was biting her lip to stop herself from screaming. She was biting so hard that eventually, I saw blood spring up.

She squeezed her eyes shut as she whispered to herself.

"Mari? Mari we have to get out of here. It's not safe." I shook her shoulder, but Marinette just jumped to her feet and ran to Rose and Juleka.

She pushed them up so that they weren't slumped on the desk.

"Wake up! Wake up! We have class! You need to wake up!" Mari kneeled on the desks as she shook the bodies.

I sighed as I stood up, and approached my friend. "They're not gonna wake up, Mari."

"Juleka! Rose! Wake up! Please!" Mari was starting to get frantic as she lightly slapped their cheeks. "I can't lose you too!"

I grabbed Marinette by her waist and pulled her away from the bodies.

"NO!" Mari screamed, pushing down on my arms, then giving up and reaching for the bodies. "NO! LET ME GO!"

Marinette continued to scream and flail as I struggled to carry her away from her dead friends.

"ADRIEN, STOP!" She screamed, and elbowed me in the cheek.

I dropped her and she fell onto her knees. She just sat there, staring at the ground. I could see a glow coming from what I guessed to be her eyes. There were no lights this time.

Mari just sat there, and eventually, sobbing sounds came from her.

"Please come back to me." She was whispering.

"Marinette?" I called, and when Mari turned her head, sure enough, her eyes were glowing.

"Let's get you home. It's not safe here." I reached for her hand, but once I held it, she didn't move.

"We can't leave them here too. It's not safe." Mari looked at the bodies, then at me.

I looked around, everyone had already gone home, and I could hear Chloe, Alya, and Nino calling our names outside.

"If anything, they're the safest." I replied, but Mari still pulled away from me.

Mari got to her feet but still walked towards the bodies, pulling me with her.

She grabbed Rose's hand and began pulling.

"Let's go, Rose. Get Juleka." Mari was speaking to the bodies, and it broke my heart to see her like this.

"Mari, she can't hear you." I whispered, a tear rolling down my cheek.

Mari looked at me, eyes still glowing. "But she just said that we should go now. She's holding my hand. She is right here."

When I looked at Marinette's free hand, it did indeed look like she was holding someone's hand.

"Okay. We can go now." Mari looked at the door and then at me.

I nodded shakily and started running, dragging Mari with me.

"Mari?! Adrien?!" Chloe pointed at us from the other end of the hallway.

The group ran to us, and they froze when they saw Marinette's eyes.

"W-What's going in here?" Alya whispered to me, as Chloe took Mari's hand from mine.