Chapter 19/ Adrien

A scream escaped Marinette as she covered her mouth with her hands and sank even lower to the floor.

"NO! NOOOOO!" She screamed and tears fell from her eyes.

"Chloe?" Alya whispered.

"NO!" I yelled, and held up my baton to hit Deathwish.

Deathwish raised her hand to me and Marinette threw herself in front of me.

Nino bent over to Chloe, pressing his ear to her chest.

"She's still alive!" Nino cried. "She's Okay! Just knocked out!"

Mari placed a hand on her chest and took deep breaths.

Deathwish smiled wickedly at me and placed her hand on Mari's forehead.

"Hey!" I yelled, along with Nino, Alya, and Mari's parents.

"All of you. In the basement. Now. Or I will shoot." Deathwish ordered, and Chloe sat up quickly, looking around.

"What's happening?" Chloe scrambled to her feet as her eyes locked on Deathwish.

"You wouldn't dare." Alya growled.

"I think I would." Deathwish smiled. "Basement. Now."

Everyone quickly started moving toward the basement.

When we were all in the basement, I saw new chairs. One for each of us. Except Mari.

"Sit." Deathwish ordered, and we all hesitated.

"NOW!"

"Don't do it guys!" Marinette pleaded, and Deathwish took a knife from out of nowhere and held it to Marinette's throat.

"Sit." Deathwish whispered again, and everyone else instantly sat down.

I looked longingly at Mari, unsure of what to do.

Deathwish pressed the tip of the knife to one side of Marinette's throat and it drew blood.

"No." Mari breathed, shaking her head slightly.

I drew in a breath, with one last longing look at Mari before sitting down.

Marinette closed her eyes as Deathwish grabbed her by the hair and tilted her head up.

"This is gonna be fun." Deathwish looked at all of us.

Deathwish suddenly thrust her gloved hand forward and ropes shot out and wrapped tightly around us.

We all struggled against the ropes until we realized it was no use.

"Thank you, all of you for coming to my show!" Deathwish curtsied, and smiled at us. "Now please! Sit back and relax while I begin the show.

Deathwish dropped the knife she was holding and threw Mari into the wall and Marinette cried out in pain.

All of us started yelling and screaming.

Marinette dropped to the ground and held her head in her hand.

Deathwish squatted down beside Mari and grabbed Mari by the neck.

Deathwish held Mari up in the air as she slowly walked to the center of the room.

Marinette was holding on to Deathwish's hand and tears were streaming down her face.

Deathwish held Marinette there a little longer as we all screamed, then dropped Marinette to the ground.

Marinette fell to her side, coughing and hacking.