Chapter 20/ Marinette

I opened my eyes in the hospital bed and everything was blurry.

When my vision started to clear, my whole body went into pain.

I closed my eyes and opened my mouth, wanting to scream so bad. Instead, I let out a weak cry.

"Oh! Sweetie!" I heard my moms voice. I looked at my mom and dad who were at my side, tears in their eyes.

"Mom? Dad?" I whispered, then sharply inhaled when my head started to spin and pound.

"Do you need some pain medication?" My dad asked, and I nodded just barely.

"Okay. Lay down, sweetie. I'll get the doctors and your father will go get you something to eat." My mom pulled the covers up higher under my chin as she and my dad stood up.

As soon as they left the room, a black flash engulfed me.

But after a few seconds, I realized it was a certain black cat, with his arms wrapped around me.

"I'm so sorry, Marinette." Chat Noir whispered as he nuzzled into my collar bone.

I winced just slightly. "I'm okay, Kitty."

"No you're not. You were kidnapped and tortured by Deathwish and I had to watch." Chat pulled away just slightly, but only so that he could sit beside me.

"Chat, I-"

I was cut off when a doctor rushed into the room, and handed me a pill and a small cup of water.

She said nothing to Chat and left as soon as I took the pill.

"Don't worry princess. I won't let it happen again." Chat lay down beside me and gently pulled my head to his chest.

I closed my eyes and listened to his steady heartbeat, taking breaths in time with his chest rising up and down.

My eyes snapped open when I could hear people running into the room.

Alya, and Alix rushed into the room with Chloe close behind.

"Omg, Marinette are you oka-" Alya froze along with Alix and Chloe when they saw me resting on Chat Noir's chest.

"Well shit. Hey girls." I smiled warily at my friends and Alya had a crazy excited look on her face. Alix and Chloe were purely shocked, then Chloe's expression turned to anger.

"You mean you let that alley cat put his nasty paws on you?! And you never thought to tell me?" Chloe asked.

"We never even said we were dating!" I cried as I slowly sat up.

"Well it's fuckin' obvious!" Alix crosses her arms and leaned against the wall as if already bored with her new discovery.

"How long? Who made the first move? How are you dating a superhero? Do you know his secret identity? Is this why you were running out of chocolate filled croissants lately?" Alya continued to hurl questions at us and I just groaned as she rambled on.

I lay back down in Chat Noir's lap and he smiled down at me.

"If you make her uncomfortable or break her heart, I will tear your mangy cat face apart!" Chloe pointed at Chat and he nodded quickly.

"Can you two kiss for me? I need a new phone background." Alix held up her phone.

"We still haven't even confirmed that we are dating!" I cried, and turned cherry red when Chat just shrugged and leaned over, giving me a quick kiss on the forehead.

"You were saying?" Alix recrossed her arms.

I realized that Alya was still rambling on with her questions and I rolled my eyes.