Chapter 25/ Marinette

I could feel my world crumbling apart as I looked at my mom as she fell to the ground.

"No! MOM!" I screamed as I fell to my knees.

My yo-yo released Deathwish and I just caught a glimpse of Deathwish's horrified face before she turned and ran away back out the window.

Chat Noir raced for my mom and started shaking her arm, calling her name.

I started crawling toward my mom as my vision blurred from tears.

I shoved Chat Noir away from my mom as I cradled her face.

"T-T-Tikki, spots off." I stuttered and a flash of pink light flashed in my mother's blank eyes.

"Mom?" I whispered as I felt everyone starting to crowd around me.

I could feel my hot tears streaming down my face and dripping into my lap.

Tikki swished in front of me and hugged my cheek.

"Mom it's me. M-Marinette." I shook my mom's shoulder. "Mom? Mom! Please wake up!"

When I released her, her head fell to the side and she never blinked. She never took a breath. Her eyes no longer had life in them.

I looked at my hands and found her blood on my hands and felt myself caving in.

This was my fault. If I had never followed Lila and Adrien that day. If I had never transformed and yelled at Lila... everyone would still be alive. If I hadn't dodged that bullet.

Mom would still be alive.

This wasn't just my Mom's blood on my hands. It was Luka's, Ivan's, Mylene's, Nathaniel's, Marc's, Rose's, Juleka's. Everyone's blood was on my hands.

I started shaking vigorously and a curled up into a ball and cried noisily and messily beside my mom.

I pulled her body into mine as I heard footsteps coming into the room.

"No." I whispered as I could feel someone trying to pull Mom away from me.

"GET AWAY FROM HER!" I screamed, before realizing it was my Dad.

He pulled my Mom's chest to his ear to listen for a heartbeat.

I could see the tears in his eyes form and his face go pale as he gently set her down.

"Dad? Dad is she okay?" I looked up at my Dad and as he made eye contact with me, he just slightly shook his head.

I started to shake even harder as I got to my feet and started backing away from everyone.

Alya got to her feet and tried to pull me in for a hug.

"I'm so sorry, Marinette." Tears were slipping down Alya's face, but I pushed her away.

"No! Get away from me!" I cried, and Alya stopped in her tracks.

"Mari it's going to be okay." Chat Noir tried to hug me too, but I shoved him to the ground. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

"Marinette please," Chloe shakily started toward me but I hurried out of the shattered window.

"I'm dangerous!" I yelled. "Don't you see?! This is all my fault!"

I backed into the railing, but looked at my friends and they ran toward me.

"Mari, don't!" Chat reached his hand out for me before I turned and jumped off of the balcony.

Tikki, who was still hugging my cheek shrieked.

"Spots on!" I cried and in a flash of bright pink light,  I was Ladybug.