Chapter 14/Marinette

I walked into school the next day, receiving stares of awe, fear, and some people just stared and whispered to their friends.

I took a deep breath and hurried into the bathroom.

I opened my purse and Tikki flew out, nibbling a cookie.

"Tikki? Can you please explain what the hell happened after the funerals?" I asked, and Tikki nodded as she put the cookie back in my bag.

"Well, that day, your emotions were guiding you rather than logic, and your emotions were more powerful than ever. And since you have a Miraculous, your emotions powered it and you became what's called LadyBeetle." Tikki said, hovering in front of me. "That would explain the antennas and Ladybug wings, and your skin and eyes."

I nodded. I guess it made sense.

I heard the bell and sighed. "Come on, Tikki."

Tikki flew back into my bag and I ran to class.

I noticed Chloe crying alone in her seat, and I ran to her.

"Chloe?! What's wrong?" I asked, and Chloe threw her arms around me.

"Deathwish killed Sabrina. She killed my best friend." Chloe whispered into my shoulder.

I went stiff and Chloe pulled me closer to her. "Please don't do anything stupid. I can't lose you too."

I loosened up and sighed as I wrapped my arms around Chloe, squeezing her.

"Girls, class is about to start." Ms. Bustier cleared her throat, and Chloe dropped her arms, but I just held her tighter.

"Marinette, did you hear me? Class is starting!" Ms. Bustier called, and I turned my head to her.

"Does it look like either of us care right now?" I said bluntly, and Ms. Bustier blinked in shock at me. "She just lost her best friend, give us a break."

"Marinette!" Ms. Bustier gasped. "Don't talk back like that!"

"Sabrina is dead! And you expect me to act like my friend isn't crying and like everything is fine when it's not!" I cried, and Chloe wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me down into her shoulder.

"Just sit down." Chloe whispered, and I took a deep breath.

"Detention, Ms. Dupain-Cheng." Ms. Bustier declared, and I closed my eyes as I sat down next to Alya.

Alya put a gentle hand on my shoulder and I opened my eyes.

Everyone was still staring at me. Even Adrien.

"What?" I mumbled, and everyone quickly turned away.

What ungrateful jackasses. I just took knives and bullets to save their lives and they go around treating me like this? Tch.

When the bell rang, we started the walk to Alya's house for lunch.

At every noise that didn't come from us, I flinched. So I flinched a lot.

I blew a sigh of relief when we all arrived at Alya's house in one piece.

"You really gotta relax, girl." Alya elbowed me in the side and I jumped.

"I am relaxed." I crossed my arms and looked at the floor.

Chloe sat down on the couch and held her face in her hands.

I walked over to her and sat beside her.

I pulled her to rest her head on my shoulder and she burst into tears.