Chapter 13/Adrien

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?" I growled, making sure to keep my voice low.

Marinette was fast asleep on my chest and I had my arm around her. I held her a little tighter.

"I just came to tell you that I killed Sabrina. I think you know of her. Chloe's old best friend before Marinette replaced her!" Deathwish snapped.

"Marinette didn't replace anyone." I looked down at Marinette.

Suddenly, fire lit the side of the room that Deathwish was on.

I quickly got to my feet and pulled out my baton.

"What's wrong, kitty? Afraid to get your whiskers burned?" Deathwish cackled, and I looked back at Marinette.

"What are you really doing here?" I sneered, and Deathwish smiled.

"I just came to get in your head kitty cat. Now... should we wake Marinette and see if she still has those incredible powers?" Deathwish raised her hand to Marinette, and I leapt forward.

"No!" I yelled, and Deathwish lowered her hand with a large grin.

"Kitty?"

I turned and saw Marinette rubbing her eyes as she sat up.

When she saw the flames and Deathwish, she went pale and screamed. When I looked back at Deathwish, she had disappeared and left just the flames.

I quickly hid behind the bed when doctors came running into the room.

They all screamed when they saw the fire, and I decided that I could come out at least to comfort Marinette.

I jumped out from behind the bed and sat beside Marinette, pulling her into me.

She just stared at the flames and screamed.

Her heart was beating so quickly I thought it was going to burst until the flames disappeared with a flash and Mari turned stiff.

I still held Mari as she took in quick breaths. Her heart was still beating quickly.

"SOMEONE PUT OUT THE FIRE!" She screamed, and she covered her eyes, turning away from the other side of the room with the rest of the doctors.

We all looked at each other and then at Marinette as she cried.

"Mari... there's no fire there." I whispered, and Marinette looked up at me with a certain desperation.

"CHAT? CHAT?! CHAT!" Mari screamed, and started gripping my arms really tight.

She began clawing at the air.

"What's wrong?" I asked, and reached for Mari. It was like she didn't even feel or see me. Or even hear me.

"SOMEONE PUT OUT THE FIRE!" Mari screamed even louder, and as I held her, I could see and feel burns forming all over her skin.

"MARINETTE!" I yelled, as she screamed in pain.

I pulled her even closer into me and she instantly stopped screaming.

"All gone." She whispered, and held my arms, shaking vigorously.

"Marinette?"

She looked up at me and I could see the utter fear in her eyes.

"But you burned away?" Marinette looked me up and down, eventually pulling me into a hug.

"Where did she go?" Marinette asked, and I looked at her confused.

"Deathwish? I don't know. She left and then almost immediately after, the fire went out." I replied, and Marinette looked around the room frantically.