Chapter 9/Marinette

I jumped from building to building in my Ladybug suit. I was so confused as to what had happened before.

As of right now, I was just going in the direction that Deathwish was going.

I was getting seriously sick of everything. The akuma attacks, the emotions, the deaths. Everything. But I won't say that I was growing sick of anyone because I don't know if I will lose them soon.

I landed clumsily on a slanted rooftop, and ended up on my hands and knees.

I took deep breaths and looked at my hands.

I stood up and just as I was about to throw my yo-yo again, a certain black cat landed on the roof next to me.

"Are you looking for Marinette too?" Chat asked, and I looked at him curiously.

"No? I'm looking for Deathwish." I replied.

Chat grabbed his hair and started pacing. "No no no no."

"What? What's wrong?" I asked.

"I think Marinette will be Deathwish's next target." Chat looked at me with a certain desperation. "And now I think Marinette is hunting down Deathwish."

I was actually curious as to what he knew. "What happened?"

Chat squatted down while still pulling in his hair.

"Well, I don't really know. I was in my civilian form and Deathwish came to a school that I was near. Marinette is my best friend and... I don't know? We kissed so maybe more? Well, Deathwish killed more of our friends and something happened to Mari. She had these red lights circling around her and her eyes glowed white. She dragged one of those benches that are bolted into the ground across the courtyard and she hit the akuma with it."

"Damn." I whispered.

Chat Noir got back up and started his pacing.

"I have to find her. Before Deathwish does." Chat was whispering, and I could see tears behind his emerald eyes.

"Or if we find Deathwish first, we can stop her and save everyone." I suggested. "But if we see Marinette on the way, you can take her home and take her home."

Chat nodded his head, taking a breath. "Okay. Let's go."

We set off in the direction that Deathwish had gone again.

We stopped when we reached a house that was near Nino's home.

"One of my friends said that Lila lives there. I told you that girl was dangerous." I whispered, and Chat sighed.

We knocked on the door, and found that there was no answer.

Chat was about to give up and run away, but I pointed to a window that was open on the top floor.

We slipped in through the window and when I looked around, I instantly knew that this was Lila's room.

"Okay." Chat whispered.

"Here we go. Let's search the house. If you see Deathwish, we can... just call my name." I pat Chat the shoulder and I started walking out of the room.

"Wait, Ladybug." Chat grabbed my arm and I turned and looked at him.

"Not calling me M'Lady anymore?" I asked with a cheeky grin.

Chat looked down and bit his lip. "I think I have a girlfriend. But I don't know. Maybe it was just a dream."

I smiled at him. I never realized how much I liked it when he called me his lady until now. And now I'm going to miss it. "Alrighty then. What's up?"