Chapter 1

At first, Miraak thought she would be an easy kill. He wanted her dead just as much as she wanted to kill him. But there was something odd. She might have barged into Apocrypha and started the fight, yet he could tell that all of her attention was not for him. She was rather looking for something else, clearly showing that his death was not in her best interest.

His victory was close when he disarmed her. But she kept on fighting him empty-handed, not even bothered using her spells. After a few hits from her bare hands— thrusts of palm to be exact— only then he noticed he was lost. He was knocked out before he even figured out why.

Then came the darkness which he was too familiar with. The first Dragonborn was beginning to think Hermaeus Mora finally engulfed his soul. His plan to set himself free failed because of her.

Darkness always found its way to mislead emotions, especially ill ones; anger became wrath, fear became terror, resentment became hatred. Within the unknown, one will be lost. Miraak was lost too when he thought he'd die until he heard a sweet sound that ringing in a distance. Someone was singing. Her angelic voice drew closer as he regained consciousness. Miraak opened his eyes, finding himself lying on a bed inside a room. No darkness around yet his misled emotions remained. He still hated her.

The soft breeze that flew through the open windows touched his bare face. His mask was nowhere to be found. He tried to get up but his body was limp. Miraak did not find any wounds at all, neither was a trace of a fierce battle that had happened. This led him to one question: how could he walk the mortal realm while he had failed to kill the last Dovahkiin?

While trying to gain control over his body, the memories repeated themselves inside his head "I was shouting Thu'um that disarmed her. How could she possibly defeat me without weapon and magic?" he grumbled, finally managed to sit up. He turned his head, looking out of the window to see the source of the soft voice that awoke him. He saw the very person he wished to kill again—the last Dragonborn—who happened to tend her garden of flowers.

As if she knew someone was watching her, the last Dragonborn turned her head to Miraak. To his surprise, the last Dragonborn smiled then continued her gardening for a while.

"This is it. I can kill her now while she is not looking." He thought. But he could not let out any shout that he used to do. The Magica vein inside his body also rejected his order to conjure any sort of magic. He then realized that his power was somewhat locked. Inaccessible.

*Two days earlier*

*Two days earlier*

Right after the battle ended, both Dragonborns were thrown to the mortal realm outside of Apocrypha. Ammra found herself in Miraak's temple, next to the Tree Stone. She gazed at his unconscious body for a moment, thinking of what to do to him.