Chapter 19

Things started to blossom inside her heart but Ammra chose to ignore it. She kept holding on to the belief that the success of her project would be of everyone's interest. 

After days of information gathering, finally, Ammra came up with a conclusion to visit several places she thought might be related to Mara and Dibella. But before visiting those places, Ammra would gather the blessing from Talos.

"Tell me we will take Odahviing." Miraak said as they left the city gate. "I am surprised as Dragonborn, you are not used to riding a dragon."

"Dragonborn this, Dragonborn that." She sneered.

As they arrived in the area with no resident, Ammra summoned the dragon. Odahviing appeared from amongst the cloud then landed near them. When she was about to mount, she felt a gentle blow inside her chest, tickling her werewolf side. She turned on her heels, watching the surrounding. Her sense was in alert for enemies.

"So, it has started." Miraak figured out by the way acted.

"It's gone." She replied. "We'd better hurry." They mounted the dragon and flew to an area near Ivarstead. Odaviing swooped and landed on the top of a snowy mountain. There was a gigantic statue of Talos. Ammra placed the lavender she had brought and begun the ritual.

Not so long after the ritual finished and they obtained the orb, amongst the dirge of wind and snow, they heard a howl. This time Ammra was sure Hircine's hunters were coming after her. The snow-covered ground was shaking as several werewolves charging at them.

Fus Ro Dah...

Miraak shouted to enemies that attack from behind. Odahviing let out his fire breath to burn some of the beasts. Ammra readied herself, Ice Spear spell of her left hand while the Deadric sword on right. She fired at the enemies who tried to attack Miraak from behind. It dodged and jumped onto the boulder, attempting to attack from higher ground.

Ven Gaar Nos...

She shouted the cyclone Thu'um, sending the beast high to the air, and fell back to the ground. It winced then stop moving. Miraak had been aching for challenge focusing himself to evade while attacking with a sword. Ammra fought beside him, showing no mercy to then enemies.

When three werewolves jumped and attacked them from above, with a single swoop of it's tail, Odahviing threw them away off the cliff. Meanwhile, Ammra grunted in pain. Her beast blood forcing her to howl, challenging more enemies to attack her. But she knew, that would only benefit Hircine's hunters for they would hear the howl and scent miles away.

"Thuri, are you okay?" Odahviing asked. But when Ammra turned her head, guilt fuelled her rage. She saw wounds the beasts inflicted on the dragon.

"No..." she sighed as she reached out to its side. Ammra held back her tears. "Odahviing, I am so sorry..."

"This is just a mere scratch, thuri. I am sworn to serve."

"No. This is not right!" she snapped while clenching her fists.

Miraak, nevertheless, readied himself in case of another ambush. Things had indeed become more dangerous. He noticed Ammra conjured a special healing spell that could even heal a dragon. He caught her guilt and anger.

"Let's go," Ammra said as she jumped onto the dragon's neck. In a brief second, Miraak could see her fang started growing, but she managed to control herself well.

There was a long silence after Odahviing took off. Ammra hadn't passed out any order or direction until suddenly she sighed and leaned back on Miraak. "Sorry, do you mind? I feel so tired after the spell and suppressing the beast-blood."

"I don't mind." He replied. "Where do we go next?"

"The Lady Stone. The standing stone near Riverwood."

Even no words were spoken, they knew they were feeling comfortable with that position for some reason. "You are awfully quiet." He talked next to her ear. He had learned Ammra would be completely silent whenever she was deep in thought; being anxious or when she was up to something.

"What if the enemies start to harm people that I know? Now I remember the children are not inside the town." Her prolixity kept Ammra talking," And I hope Odahviing is fine. I was thinking my healing was not good enough. Why can't they just attack only me instead?! There are many Daedric princes and their cult, so I start to wonder which of them will come next." 

"You might want to find a messenger to give an order to your housecarl."

"Yes." She replied with a worried tone. "I hope they will only chase after me. It will be quite a battle but I think it's the best. I could almost get used to being attacked by a group of enemies."

"If I have my complete power back, it won't be a trouble, little one." He said in a normal plain tone with a hint of pride. "I won't let them touch you." He added.

"So, you can touch me instead, huh?" She sneered but Miraak chuckled.

"I will if you allow me."

"I thought we had a deal! You will not kill me until I complete my plan, and you will have your title as the only Dragonborn." Miraak just smirked and did not reply. He knew they were not on the same page.

It's short. I know it. But let's take a break before we see what will come next. 

Brace yourself ;)