Chapter 29

Previously in Chapter 28:

When facing their own desire, people often didn't notice how much they could change. When they knew their interest was at stake, their true nature was revealed. Eventually, they fell, fighting with each other to gain. Many had fallen into this sweet addicting trap.

However, there were some who chose another way and underwent the change that transforming them into a better person instead, revealing their true decent nature.

As soon as the book transported her into the oblivion realm, the Daedric prince sensed her arrival. He laughed and conjured more lurkers and seekers to seize Miraak, preparing him for his next plan. "You still think she is good?" he mocked. "No one will be good if facing his own desire. That what made you come to me."

At the same time when he was taking care of Miraak, on the other side of the realm, Hermaeus Mora commanded his army to let Ammra passed without harm. The woman walked steadily, taking control of her warring heart in every step she took.

She knew she might not win and everything might fail, but this was the only way both Dragonborns had. Ammra exhaled, numbly pushed away from her fear as she stepped up the stairs toward the summit of Apocrypha.

Miraak fought his way. But enemies kept on coming from the ooze of dark liquic material that constructed most of Apocrypha. "You have no power here!" he scoffed when he was cornered. The shock spell from the seekers that battered nonstop finally disarmed him. Instantly he was bound by the tentacles that sprouted from the nearby ooze.

At that moment Ammra appeared in his mind. "You fool. Do you think she will come for you?" his sinister voice echoed. "This will teach you a lesson." He added slowly. Miraak gathered every last ounce of his power to resist. The tentacles tied him even tighter. Another tentacle glided closer with his mask.

Miraak grunted but he could not shout. The mask was forcefully put on his face, making him felt his consciousness leaving his body. As his body and consciousness were separated, Miraak found himself slowly emerged inside another room that was inside of Hermaeus Mora. He could see his body was being released and walked to the top of Apocrypha.

"No! this can't be!" he snarled.

"She came as you wanted her to. This is getting interesting. Let's see what she is here for."