Chapter 9

Hello Readers! This time, let's focus on Miraak and understand him more since he is actually the center of the story...hehehe.  I hope you enjoy this :D

  I hope you enjoy this :D

She was gifted. As far as Miraak now concerned, Ammra was no longer just a Dragonborn. The fact about what she was capable of was self-explanatory.

Miraak did not talk much after what she did. The experience to see the unseen as well as to hear the unheard was something extraordinary. It was as if he was brought back to the time when he used to soar in the sky with Alduin. It was a peaceful time. The experience also reminded him of the serene in Skuldafn Temple from which the dragons watched the mortals in silence. 

Even if his head was busy recollecting the memory of thousands of years ago, Miraak managed to keep his focus on the present. Ammra trod lightly before him. The girl hadn't stopped smiling while softly humming a cheerful tone for a while. Her mood was too good to even remember the situation they were in. That was the most dysfunctional abduction he knew.

Both Dragonborns walked down the path across the forest. Irregular rows of cedar trees bordering both sides of the path.  Suddenly a group of thieves ambushed them. Five men of tall build stood on their way.

"Hand me your valuables or I'll gut you like a fish!" one of them who seemed to be the leader threatened.

"Trust me, you don't want to make trouble with us," Ammra warned them. "Turn around before anything bad happened to you." They snorted.

"Hey kid, I wasn't talking to you." The same person replied. "That man. He has something."

This time Ammra snorted that set the thieves agitated. "Bad decision." She giggled. He growled and swing his dagger toward Ammra. Miraak witnessed how effortlessly she evaded. "I give you five seconds to turn your back and run. I'm in no mood for a fight."

The thieves who clearly underestimated her readying themselves to attack instead. Ammra let out an audible sigh while rolled her eyes. The five seconds she gave them to run turned to the amount of time she took to beat them all.

Ammra evaded their attack easily. With bare hands she hit several vital points on each of their body, making them paralyzed and lump on the ground. When the last thief stood among his fallen kin only then terror manifested in his eyes. Immediately he turned away and flee. Ammra picked up a piece of stone near her and easily hit the last thief in one shoot. He fell to the ground.

"Annoying." She mumbled.

Had they known they just tried to rob two Dragonborns, those thieves would have bowed in respect instead. Those thieves cannot be blamed either for underestimating her because Ammra did not appear threatening at all. Miraak glanced at those poor men and felt pity. He noticed they were still alive from their chests which still breathing evenly. This made him come to understand that she must have done the same thing to him while they were fighting in Apocrypha.