Epilogue 11 - Missing 2

I have been flooded with questions about who attacked and kidnapped Miraak. Well, this chapter will answer your questions from Epilogue 10. Please enjoy!

 Please enjoy!

Standing by the Enchanting Table in Armory of Lakeview Manor, the brilliant man moved his practiced hand across the paper. From the spare lines of his charcoal came sweeps, swishes, and another calculation of two Magica fusion. And then, another. Miraak had been doing this for a few days by now, and he was under pressure.

****

"Are you sure you won't come along?" she asked and the man just nodded.

"Take your time. I'll be waiting here." He assured her.

Ever since the incident at the lake where his appearance turned exactly like her, Miraak had been quieter than usual and keeping everything to himself.

"Ok. Then I'll see you soon. I'll be back tomorrow or the day after." Ammra said.

"Wait." He called before she turned around. Miraak gently placed one palm on her head then leaned closer. The habit of sacramental life was still deeply rooted within the 5000-year dragon priest. He successfully made everything—especially between him and his dovah queen—felt sacred but surprisingly intimate at the same time. And this kiss was no exception. He took his time to look at her deep in the eye before placing his lips on her forehead, wishing her a safe trip, as if she would leave him to some sort of dangerous war. And Ammra couldn't help but sense the importance of this 'act' like some sort of solemn ritual. So soft and enchanting was his way to assert his intention.

As soon as her shadow disappeared from the sight, Miraak retreated to the manor and closed every door and window, making sure no way in or out. Something he kept secret from Ammra was he resuming the attempt to combine their Magica into the wedding rings. After the first incident, now he controlled her Magica better. But even so, Miraak did everything to make sure none of her Magica leaked out of the house. This was the very reason he sealed every exit.

This time the First Dragonborn began with inserting some amount of Ammra's Magica into a Soul gem sphere. This would take some time since it's not his own power. One little mistake, the external Magica would break the soul gem and he must start all over again. So, in the quietness of the steading, Miraak carried out the delicate experiment.

"Miraak..." he heard her voice echoing in a great distance.

It was no secret for a brilliant mage like him that someone's Magica would resemble its owner traits. The voice he just heard was coming from her power. Just like its owner, Ammra's Magica had an unpredictable resonance—a feeling you get when associating with a troublemaker. That's why it was trying to disrupt him.

"Miraak...do you get to the cloud district very often...?" she giggled when he was caught off guard. Then all of a sudden the sphere cracked and shattered to pieces in a mere second. A mild explosion with a gust of wind swept around the room, sending the Magica cluster away and hitting the mannequins.