Chapter 21

Sometimes what we want is not something that we need. And sometimes we tend to find our destiny through something that we don't want. Miraak and Ammra initially want different things, but they have the same needs and might slightly share the same fate.

Note: The cover of this chapter is not mine

As the snowy night crept in,  the younger Dragonborn sat restlessly on the floor

As the snowy night crept in,  the younger Dragonborn sat restlessly on the floor. Her back was leaning against the bedside on which Miraak lying. 

People help her bringing him to the healing house. Ever since then, she refused to leave his side. The bleeding had stopped but his body was deeply injured. Ammra could hear his heartbeat. It became slower and weaker as time ticked. With every passing second, guilt consumed her. 

"I am sorry." She muttered. "I shouldn't let my distrust affect my judgment." Ammra regretted she had not unlocked his power sooner. She blamed herself for what happened to Miraak.

For a person like Ammra, sacrificing someone for her own desire never sat right. That was why she did not kill him and choosing another way instead. But now, things turned the way she totally avoided. Some people also died because of the ambush. Ammra just couldn't help but blame herself and her selfish project.

"Miraak...please wake up." she hopefully muttered in her cry. She just realized how much she didn't want him to leave. 

After healing a dragon, encountering an ambush as well as healing Miraak with an instant closing wound spell, Ammra had used too much Magica within a day. With her being weakened, Hermaeus Mora sensed he had a chance to crack her ward. The Deadric prince found his way to grip Miraak's soul and brought his consciousness back to Apocrypha. 

The first Dragonborn found himself sitting on the throne, situated at the peak of Apocrypha. Ammra was sitting on his lap with her arms wrapping around his neck.

She gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before saying, "I must leave so you can get what you want."  The next second, her body dispersed into a puff of mist.

Hermaeus Mora's laughter fell around. As a being that owned his soul, it was easy for him to know what Miraak's wanted. 

"You wan t her but she would leave you behind." He sneered then emerged before Miraak in his grotesque tentacles form. "I can, however," he paused, "Help you making her stay...by your side."

Miraak frowned for he knew this was nothing but a mere plot he was planning. He knew the Daedric prince was toying him but he could not resist the temptation of his bargain. This time Hermaeus Mora reconjured Ammra. Miraak gasped as he felt her hugging him lovingly from behind. She giggled with her innocent face. 

"When she gathered the last blessing from Akatosh, drop my essence instead." Miraak saw his left palm had been imbued with some essence of the Daedric prince which only he could see. "This will corrupt the portal and disabled her to return. Thus, she will stay and eventually, be yours."