Chapter 6

Once again, the younger Dragonborn let emotion caught her. She spent her entire night in the library, weeping in silence. She knew she must be looked miserable before her nemesis, but Ammra had no other option to heal herself. She cried until no more tear was left. Then she took the sleeping potion and slept on the floor.

"he regained his magic...let's see if I am still alive after this nap..."

Meanwhile, the elder Dragoborn could not bring himself to sleep. He noticed her soft weeping and stayed up, not knowing why. He did not know either why he walked toward the sleeping Ammra then covered her in a blanket. After he saw her in the peaceful sleep, only then could he rest.

"Good morning

"Good morning. Sleeping well, princess?" Ammra greeted him as he walked out of the room. At the same time, Miraak saw her eyes a bit swollen from crying. "Have a seat. Breakfast is ready." Miraak remained silent and complied. He still studied how she acted bright and friendly after being so devastated last night. "I slept quite enough and I believe I did not catch a cold because of the warm blanket." She told him. "I should thank the mysterious person who did that for me."

He held his breath then turned away, feeling a flush of heat inside his body. He knew he shouldn't do what he did. He should have known better she might bring it up the next day. And to his surprise, he just noticed he did not even think of killing her at all in the previous night.

"Our today's menu is garlic bread as an appetizer." Ammra served it on the table with a manner of a prideful servant. "For the main course, we have..."

"Can you just cut the crap?!" Miraak yelled. Ammra noticed his annoyed face but somehow, she was not totally alarmed. Instead, she chuckled. Other than Kodlak or Paarthurnax, she never really talked about what she felt, not even Lydia. Last night's conversation with Miraak was something of an unexplainable coincidence. Perhaps Ammra was just glad she had someone she could talk to.

"Come on...let me pretend you are having breakfast in a luxurious place. You won't find this in Apocrypha. "Miraak just grunted. Ammra cleared her throat and continued her acting. "For the main course, we have ash yam beef stew." She served it for him. "Have your finest Sujamma too." Then she put another meal. "And I baked a lavender dumpling as dessert. Please enjoy, a proper meal for the First Dragonborn." She bowed and Miraak just gave him an unamused look even though he mustered all his might to hold back his urge to laugh. He started to believe something was wrong with her head.

He remembered what Ammra said last night. "I thought this was for the old man."

"By cooking and let someone eat it happily, I have a sense that I honor my promise to Kodlak." She replied. "Besides," she muttered and shyly added, "I want to thank you for last night." She turned away and continued her little cleaning of the kitchen. Miraak smirked seeing her reaction. And he saw her again with that cooking apron. "Please have your breakfast while I prepare the bath." Miraak grabbed her wrist before she left. "Is something wrong?"