Chapter 25

She was withering. Her heart throbbed. Her body ached. Ammra was burnt out both mentally and physically. Her gaze fell at the purple crystal on her hand.

"If I were you, I would stay away from that thing," Miraak spoke. With a single wave from his hand, a spark of fire grew from the cold pile of wood from the previous night's campfire. The spark turned to flame, radiating warmth around them.

Upon exiting the enemies' headquarter, they went to the encampment that Ammra set before.  She could not return to Breezehome directly due to her condition.

Ammra look at him who sat across the fire. She would have been dead if it weren't for him. "I'll study this thing. Perhaps, they can be of use, or I could find prevention should the same weapon is used against me."

He did not like the decision that actually harmed herself. "Fool."

She sighed then sadly grinned. "I got that a lot ever since I arrived in this strange place called Skyrim." Ammra craned her head to gaze at the starry sky. "Ironic isn't it? We just want to go home, but Daedric Princes got in our way, making things so difficult."

Miraak remained silent. Even if it was just a mere touch with her skin, he sensed the crystal slowly absorbing her Magica while she was oblivious of it. He was aching to snatch it away from her so when he saw a faint hint that she suffered Magica loss, without uttering a single word, he used his telekinesis magic to take away the crystal from her hand.

"I don't come here to see you torturing yourself, dovahkiin." He told her before she protested.

"You are right. You came this far to save me. Thanks, Miraak." When their eyes met, Ammra turned her head. "For someone who was banished, I really appreciate what you did. Thank you."

"You are not banished. There are more than what you see." She instantly rose her face to look at him. "You can sense the divines, but I can sense the Deadra. If you see what I see, you will know the real truth." Her eyes widened. "I can show you, however, with one condition."

"What could it possibly be?" he gestured her to come closer and sit by his side.

He turned to her, making them face to face. Miraak reached out one hand and gesturing her to do the same. "I command you to rest after this. That's my condition." He answered as he placed her hand on his then look at her in the eyes. "Are we clear?" a burst of warmth filled her chest, making her smile in faint happiness amidst her chaotic emotions.

Ammra nodded. "Yes." Then Miraak put the crystal on their hands and covered it with another hand. In a brief second, Ammra felt her body was pulled backward and forward rapidly at the same time. When she heard her father's voice, her eyes yanked open.

"See what I see." Miraak who stood next to her spoke. The space around them shifted into the same appearance when Ammra was killed.

They re-watched the same scene but this time Ammra could see some red ominous strings that tied both of her father's hands, legs, and head. When she traced the other ends of the strings, she saw Mephala who was controlling him like a puppet. After he killed her wife and daughter, he killed himself, which Ammra didn't know.

She then came to a realization as everything made sense for her. This explained why her loving father became exactly the opposite. From the beginning, Mephala was planning to use her as the source of sorrow to feed on by making Ammra believed the lies.

In the next split second, they returned to their bodies. She was stunned, unable to utter a single word. "You are not banished and never betrayed by him. So, stop being sad!" then he added, "Now keep your end of the bargain!" his words sounded more like a friendly order.