Chapter 27

They remained in the study room. 

"I don't think it's possible for you to return to the time before the incident." He told her as she was reading the analysis he wrote.

She was deep in thought. Not because of what he said but because of what she read. His analysis was so well-written. She could tell Miraak was putting all his effort to help her. However, Miraak mistook her serious face as a hint of sadness. He gently hugged her from behind. She flinched. "Yes?" she gasped.

"I'm sorry if what I said making you sad."

"Anyway." She began. "Hermaeus Mora could access your memory, right? To see what you saw and hear what you heard."

Her sudden change of topic convinced him that Ammra was up to something. "We made a contract and he had my soul. So, the answer is yes." He turned her body to him. "What is it, Dovahkiin? You have been asking about him since this morning."

"Well, I just want to know if it was okay to share more secrets with you." She told him and looked at him in the eye. "Something...more personal."

He raised his brow, "Are you seducing me, Dovahkiin? You should know how dangerous it can be." Ammra just gave him an enigmatic smile.

"I believe your analysis is correct." She turned her body to continue reading the journal. "I cannot prevent the incident, but I can find a way to bring them back to life." She let out a sigh.

"Necromancy?"

"Yes. I'll do everything to revive them." She told him while praying Hermaeus Mora would hear what she said. "Everything." Then she added. "All I need is a portal and some necromancy."

If only she looked at him in the eye while saying that, Miraak would have known how she tried her best to sound so determined. He had told her that he would help, thus he would share whatever knowledge he knew even if he personally felt there was something odd about her purpose now.

Nevertheless, his only concern was to keep Ammra as far as possible from the grip of Hermaeus Mora. He knew the Daedric Prince only want them both as servants. And above all, it wants the orbs. He did not want Ammra to leave, but he hated if she was used by Hermaeus Mora. Therefore, his plan was solely to protect her until she safely returned to her home.

Lydia only returned to Breezehome to prepare dinner then left again to spend the night in Bannered Inn, expecting her thane would have a wonderful night with Miraak. She couldn't imagine how two loving Dragonborn spending their time, so giving them space was the least she could do. Nevertheless, little did she know each Dovahkiin was actually busy working on their own plan. 

Ammra had told him that they would visit The Throat of the World in the next day to obtain Akatosh's Blessing. That should be his only chance if he wanted to keep her in Nirn. However, now that he chose a different way, Miraak started to predict any possible way how Mora would attack them. He needed to consider a way to deal with the Daedric prince himself after Ammra left.

The thought of her leaving engulfed him in terrible sadness but he kept it to himself. Perhaps this feeling would fade away after she left. Perhaps he could continue living his secluded life. Or perhaps he would continue more eons inside Apocrypha. Nothing was certain but the only thing that he was sure about was  Ammra's safety. As long as he did not comply with Mora's plan, things would run smoothly. 

The first Dragonborn sighed, realizing how much he changed. He never thought in this way. Either by force or not, all this time he always had whatever he desired. Strangely, for now, he got sick of forcing his way if it meant to sacrifice what she yearned.