Chapter 17

Hello readers! First of all, I'd like to say that the cover in this chapter is not mine. I've been trying to find the owner, but unsuccessful. In case he is here, I want to thank you and say that his/her art is really good. PM me if necessary so I can personally tell you. :)

The sky was scarlet red when they stepped out of the cave

The sky was scarlet red when they stepped out of the cave. The day had almost ended. Miraak told Ammra to call Odahviing to transport them but she disagreed. After a short debate, Ammra complied and summoned Odahviing.

"Thuri. It has been a while." Odahviing greeted Ammra when he arrived. She placed one hand on his snout then gently caressed it, making Odahviing purred while closing his eyes. Miraak for the first time witnessed a dragon was indeed purring.

Ammra smiled as Odahviing pressed his head on her palm. Nudging her with his snout. "I bring a company with me." She added.

"Geh, Thuri. I can sense him. The traitor." Miraak just smirked.

"At least I don't purr like some weakling." He said in a smug tone while crossing his arms.

"Thanks, Miraak, let's hope he will not drop us from the sky," Ammra replied sarcastically.

Odahviing flew them across the twilight sky. It could be a romantic dragon-riding had they been on the same page. But since Ammra was too busy with her project, it was nothing but another stressful journey. She really hoped Odahviing landed soon.

To avoid any unnecessary hostility, Ammra told the dragon to land near Tundra Homestead even though Miraak insisted they should be taken directly to Whiterun. "You maybe be the senior but Odahviing is my dragon!" Ammra told him to stop being persistent. "He'll do what I say,"

He whispered next to her ear, " 'My' dragon?" he sneered.  "So he is 'yours'?" Ammra just turned her head to give him a shut-the-f*ck-up glare.

As soon as they entered Breezehome, Lydia immediately helped Ammra to put off her traveling cloak. "That damn Dibella's ritual still had its effect on me. I want to sleep soon," she grumbled.

Ammra noticed the children were not there as they're probably in Heljarchen Hall. She then made her way to her room while the first Dragonborn occupied himself by reading the books in the living room. He just had a good nap so he didn't think he'd need sleep for the night.

Meanwhile, Lydia sat across the room, minding her own business. Suddenly Ammra popped in. "Lydia, I need some massage. Would you kindly help me?" she asked from the stairs. Lydia almost choked by her ale.

"My thane put on your clothes!" she exclaimed—a combination of politeness and order. Lydia hopped to her feet to pull Miraak and brought the poor man into the guest room. "Stay here and don't step out until I tell you!" Then Lydia made her way to the second floor where Ammra was waiting. Miraak was glad to know her housecarl was someone with the right mind.

"I thought Sofie was lying when telling me you don't put on your clothes." Lydia's voice was heard from upstairs. "My Thane, you cannot show yourself to anyone only wearing a towel," she told her, half nagging.