Epilogue 10 - Missing

Writer's note:           

     This book is getting too long and honestly, I  was anxious if I get my readers bored. However, I made the pinnacle chapters for the closing of the story. I hope you all have a great time reading my story and it is in my greatest interest to inspire you with the fanfic I created.

Anyway, this epilogue is slightly related to Epilogue 9. Please read as much as you like. 

*****

The front door of Lakeview Manor was wide open. Ammra instantly felt something was not right when she saw this from a distance. Miraak was obviously not a type who'd let anyone in, so this could only mean one thing: trouble.

She held her breath in surprise as she stepped in. The entryway had turned into a mess. The woman quickly moved on to the main hall and saw the large dining table had split in two. The chairs were all around the place as if being violently thrown away. Scratches of blades and weapons could be found on the pillars. While at the same time, traces of fire spell explosion left many nasty scars on the wall, the effect of ice magic and lightning magic had caused no less great damage as well.

' "Miraak..." she whispered under her breath.

Ammra felt as if her world crumbled to pieces to see the sight before her. When she checked the second floor, there was only a wreckage of battle.

Still, Miraak was nowhere to be found.

"Who...?" her mind began to rapidly guess the assailant. Every neuron of her head was instantly plunged into labor to draw any sensible deduction.

Ammra noticed numerous footprints on the wooden floors. The attackers must have been coming in groups of 10 or 11. Yet Miraak was left alone to face them all. They proved to be quite powerful for they managed to take him away. A combination of panic and fear began to increasingly brew inside her mind. After few moments, she thought of one possible conclusion: Hermaeus Mora.

Boop!

Ammra jolted in surprise when someone gently touched the tip of her nose with a finger.

"Sheogorath..." she mumbled, still too overwhelmed by the situation to utter more words.

A burst of loud and merry laughter escaped his lips. "Your insane distress put more distress to the already distressed realm of mine. What happened? It's been a while I feel such a chaotic state of mind from you again? You want some cheese?" he asked.

Ammra looked at him in the eye. "I need to go to Apocrypha." She urged.

Sheogorath frowned. His grin faded. "But you just destroyed it. The whole plane!"

"I know. But maybe there was still a chance for some fragments of the plane to escape the explosion. I think Hermaeus Mora took Miraak again." There was a brief pause before she desperately said "I must find him. I must visit Apocrypha!" at that time, Miraak was her only priority. Everything else was secondary.

"High-spirited one, aren't you! Now, how much cheese..."

"Sister, I can't delay." She cut him midsentence.

"Maybe Sanguine know where your Miraak is."

Ammra frowned. "Why would he had something to do with Miraak?"

"I sensed the trace of his power here, you simpleton!" he exclaimed. "Near the lake. It was from a few days ago."

At first, the idea sounded incomprehensible. But she thought for a while and Ammra held her breath. It dawned on her that Miraak might have met Sanguine before. Perhaps that was the day when Miraak was under an illusion spell that made him looked like Ammra. To add the deduction, Miraak had been asking her a lot about Sanguine after that day. Whenever they talked about the Daedric Prince, Miraak would turn dark and agitated. Clearly Sanguine might be involved.