Chapter 11

Both Dragonborns survived the Monday Madness, but what will happen if they face the Madness Lord himself? What would happen? Both Miraak and Ammra were to see the challenge they'd soon face.

After all of the enemies died, Miraak immediately lifted Ammra in bridal style when he noticed her collapsed. She was unconscious. He drew back and hastily found a place to lay her down, avoiding any possibility of another wave of attack

"I knitted you scarf...father...I love you..." she mumbled faintly.

It was the first time for Miraak to see someone muttering her affection even in her black out. In his eyes, Ammra just being Ammra even if she was unconscious. When Miraak put her down, he noticed she was shedding tears. That dangerous combination of innocence and sadness made his mind blank for a brief second. When she winced in pain he suddenly back to his sense and examined her.

She was not wounded but his gaze landed on the purple crystal. Its pointed tip was stuck in Ammra's body. He pulled it out from her arm followed by a small flow of blood. The crystal was small but big enough to serve its purpose as a throwing knife. Ammra began blinking her eyes while Miraak swiftly hid the crystal. It was easy for him to tell that something about it seemed to weaken her.

Meanwhile, the last Dragonborn felt as if she was being trapped inside a sphere of glass. Just like a tiny figure inside a snow globe with her body was petrified. Then came altars of offering that surrounded her from eight directions. She felt her energy, life force, and her very soul was slowly sucked by an invisible force. But suddenly all turned bright and she found herself lying next to him. Miraak just gave her a stoic expression. She tried to register the situation and remembered the ambush.

"I thought you were stronger than this." He said while stood on his feet. "Get up, dragonborn! We need to leave soon!" he turned away after seeing her fragile look, not wanting to be affected.

They continued their journey. Ammra healed herself while pacing as fast she could. Her heart was racing and her head was full of memories she had been trying to bury. Meanwhile, silently Miraak sensed her change. Something inside him keep on telling him she was in terrible shock and sorrow but she remained awfully quiet that made him felt that invisible rift again.

"Guest room is over there. Make yourself at home." Finally, she muttered a few words as soon as they entered Proudspire Manor. She averted his eyes while talking then went to lock herself in her room.

"Merry Christmas...Ammra"..."I will go to work, see you soon sweetie."..."I bought some cookies for you"..." Happy Anniversary to Papa and Mama. I love you..."

Voices echoed inside her head. All the conversation and words between her and her parents came rapidly. She laid back to fully soak her body inside the bathtub, letting warm water soothed her. "I cannot give up. Not now!" she tried to assure herself. As soon as she finished taking bath, Ammra continued her study about the project. The essence from three Divines had been collected. She wanted to make sure her plan was still on track.