Chapter 14

Dun-dun...It's Dibella time! Both Dragonborns were about to find they did not expect

and I try to make this chapter slightly shorter. 

Becoming a Dragonborn and a thane had its benefit but also required her to always show a strong and well-reserved composure. Once the feeling got a hold, she knew she would be as good as dead. She told herself many times...but she could not defeat her own dangerously trusting self. She felt stupid she ever trusted him.

Ammra let out all of her frustration in the battle. Luckily, she managed to not shift into a werewolf. After some battle, the mission turned out to be a success. Ammra managed to save all the children and returned to Markath. It was midnight.

"Thanks for helping me, Argis." Ammra thanked her housecarl.

"It was a great honor to fight beside you, my thane."

"I saw you were injured and did not have the chance to heal. How was it now?"

"It was fine. Just some small cut and bleeding."

"Put off your chest plate and let me see." She disregarded what he said. After Argis did as she said, Ammra healed the wounds. "Get yourself some rest," Ammra told him.

"What about you, my thane? I will only rest tonight after I make sure you have everything you need." He said politely. Ammra just sighed. All she need was a space to calm herself down.

"Say, what do you do when you are in doubt?" Ammra asked out of the blue. Argis got that his thane had something that troubled her.

"I would keep on doing what I believe." He replied. "I doubt I could be a warrior many times. But I kept on practicing until eventually, I become what I am now."

Ammra chuckled. "I guess you are right."

"What troubles you, my thane?"

"I am planning on something." Ammra decided to share though she wouldn't get into great details. Additionally, she just found out Argis was quite nice to talk to despite his bulky posture. "I am doing something that nobody hasd ever done before and I doubt it will be successful." She paused. "But I had a strong feeling that I need to make it a success and find out..." there was a long pause.

"What do you try to find out?"

"The truth." She said but Argis frowned. Ammra chuckled. "Sorry, I was just pressured. But talking to you lifted my spirit. Once again I want to thank you." Ammra walked to her room. Little did she know that Miraak was watching everything from the doorway of his room.

Not so long after, Miraak heard someone knocked on his door. Ammra was cladded in his nightdress stood before him. "Let's go." She said then lead the way to the temple of Dibella.