Chapter 3

They arrived in Windhelm dock when the sun went down. Ammra rushed her way to the inn. Fortunately, there was one room with twin beds available.

Miraak saw how she tried her best to not shiver. Ever since the ship approaching Windhelm's dock, he could see how she hugged herself even after putting on a fur cloak. She did not talk at all but he could hear her teeth chattered once in a while. When they arrived in Windhelm, she started sneezing. "Geez...you know ancient histories, right? Can you tell me why they choose to build a city in a place like this?" she complained while her tiny feet kept walking toward the inn.

As they followed the innkeeper, Miraak was surprised to know they will be in the same room.

"Our first destination is Solitude," Ammra spoke from behind while busy putting down her belonging. "But tomorrow we will go to Whiterun first. I need to see my senior, Kodlak, and talk about this project. I need his opinion..." she talked a lot but Miraak was too busy with his mind.

He thought perhaps he could kill Ammra tonight in her sleep. But that would be meaningless. He needed his power back before killing her. He put off his cloak and stared at the brick wall, thinking. "I can't just wait like this. Perhaps I can slowly recall all of my skills by myself. I can start to feel my Magica vein circulate again." He sighed. While turning around to face her, he said "I need to know more about..." he suddenly at a loss of words when he saw Ammra putting off her clothes.

She still had her pants on, but she just put on undergarments for her upper body. Miraak saw her naked back. He quickly turned around and stared at the wall again. "WHAT IN OBLIVION IS WRONG WITH THIS GIRL!"

"Did you say something, Miraak?" she asked casually. Hesitantly Miraak turned his head to see if Ammra dressed properly. He sighed. Feeling relieved then turned his body. " I—I need." He cursed himself for stuttering. The sight of her bare skin did not leave his memory. "I need to know more about your project."

Ammra looked away. He noticed her hesitation that she quickly threw away. "To put it simply, I am planning to open a portal using the energy that I capture with your blood." She said in a somewhat solemn and serious tone.

He was silent for a moment, not expecting someone with a face as innocent as her, would serve a Daedric prince. After all, she is a Dragonborn just like him. Surely, she is also attempting to get more power. "What Daedric prince are you serving?"

Ammra shook her head. "I am not planning to cause any oblivion crisis by taking their kind to our plane." She chuckled. "Told ya, I am doing something that no books in Apocrypha recorded." Miraak crossed his arms. Curiosity ate him. "Oh...come on. Don't give me that look."

"What do you plan to do with the portal, Dragonborn?" he asked with a stern voice.

Ammra looked into his eyes for a moment then averted her eyes. He caught another sign of hesitation. "I just try to find a way to go home." He narrowed his eyes, face showing blatant disbelief. Ammra sighed. "Fine. I am planning to visit Molag Bal's realm." Miraak found the next answer even more unconvincing yet reasonable. "I am going to steal something from him...a weapon of great power. I bet you ever heard about the Mace of Molag Bal."

"Mhm." That was all his response. There something odd about her but he could not tell what.

"I am hungry. I'll see you at the dining hall." She suddenly said then walked away.

Miraak was in no appetite at all. He still hated the situation. Instead of going to the dining hall, he locked himself in the room, forcing his Magica vein to circulate. "How did she manage to do this to me!" he grunted. He tried hundred times, recalling all spells enchantment he knew. They were still in memories but the Magica just somewhat refused to respond and conjure anything.