Epilogue 8 - A Rose from Her

Boredom could strike anyone even the demi-god creature. Disguised as a tall sell-sword, Sanguine sank himself on the chair at Bannered Mare. The inn had always been his favorite until today. He no longer enjoyed the tune from the bards, nor the mead poured in his tankard. Perhaps lingering in the same place for weeks was the reason.

"I was told by Ysolda that you might know something odd happening in Dragonsreach." He heard a familiar voice. Instantly Sanguine turned his head to check if that sharp First Dragonborn was nearby. When he did not see him, Sanguine gazed back at the voice owner who was talking with the innkeeper.

"Rumour said the Jarl's children have been acting strange. Are you to investigate that?"

The woman shrugged. "Maybe. In fact, Irrileth expects me to keep the Jarl safe too."

Sanguine sighed internally. The woman before him now had been all about work and responsibilities.

"Speaking of threat and danger." He popped into their conversation. "I am sure I can be of use to keep you away from such thing." Sanguine did not know when he began taking interest in her. He once failed to seduce her but perhaps he could give it another try.

She looked at him in the eye and smiled. "Well thank you, sir. But I can protect myself." Ammra rejected politely but Sanguine found her gullibility even more attractive. He was right in front of her but she didn't even have the slightest idea of his true self.

"What a shame. I was about to give you half price. And I am capable of anything."

Ammra chuckled. "Anything?"

He felt he was being tested, Sanguine crossed his arms and smirked. "Anything."

"Still, I won't hire you." She muttered then turned to the innkeeper and handed her a bag of gold. The innkeeper handed her a basket of red apples.

"Thank you, dear. Do you need anything else?" Ammra just shook her head. Little did she knew her way of doing that just made her so adorable in his eyes.

"Thanks for your information. I might pay the Jarl a visit later." She told her the turned to Sanguine. "See ya."

Boredom immediately torturing the Daedric Prince again as soon as she left. By the Nines! He was Sanguine; he could bring any women to their knees and fell for him. But why he couldn't even get the slightest of Ammra's attention? He sighed heavily then stepped out of the inn, being determined to do anything so she would notice him.

Sanguine could easily found her by using his daedric sense. Apparently, Ammra was still nearby. Led by his instinct, Sanguine made his way from Bannered Mane to the Gildengreen tree in the middle of Whiterun.

He watched her from afar as the woman looked up to admire the beauty of the sacred tree. When Sanguine walked closer and stopped next to her, Ammra slowly turned to him. Her gaze was deep and enigmatic. There was silence for some moment until finally, she broke in.

"It's you again."

"Yes. It's me." He replied. "Think about my offer. You will not regret hiring me."

Ammra chuckled. "Why do you insist on asking me to hire you?" he did not answer and just enjoyed her everything. "I don't plan on fighting in the next few days."

"When I said I could do anything, that also means I can do other things than just fighting." At this rate, nothing would break his determination.

"Now that you said that...I want to hire you. But you might not like what I will assign you." She paused. "I doubted you can pull it off."