Spin-Off: Special Labour Day

On that particular day, Ammra spent her time cleaning the study room in Breezehome. After many weeks of hunting down Miraak in Solstheim, she wanted to take some break before facing him face to face. A couple of days of vacation would be nice but Ammra chose cleaning the house instead as if it cleaned her mind as well. In any case, she was relieved.

There was not much to do because Lydia always tended the house well. Ammra rearrange the books and sorted out some old tattered books to throw away. Something caught her eyes. It was a book she wrote accidentally. By accident, it meant she continued writing it when she was drunk.

The woman took some minutes to read it and frowned. It was well-written with brilliant choices of words, yet the content was trash. She wrote everything in whatever she had in mind—mostly about her vacation by the beach back when she was on earth. The book was written long ago but left unnoticed ever since.

"Finally, it's done!" she cheered.

Ammra spent the rest of the day taking a short break then prepared herself for the battle; sharpening the blades, mending the light armour, and recalling the spells as well as shouts she might use during combat. At last but not least, Ammra also packed some potions for the journey. Before the evening fell, everything was ready.

"Are you sure you will go alone, my Thane?" asked Lydia the next day. The dawn just breaking but her Thane was already in her travelling gear.

"Yes. Please take care of the children. And..." she hesitated. "I am not sure I'll be back. If anything happened, you know what to do." Even if she did not like that possibility, Lydia obeyed and saw her off.

"This is it! I must face him! No turning back!" she assured herself.

She was riding through the snowy forest, heading North to Windhelm when a group of elk crossed the road. Ammra pulled the reign of the horse and it stopped on the track. Her eyes were wide open in astonishment for the sight. Never had she seen such docile creatures roamed around fearlessly like now. When he turned her head, she noticed there were more beasts' snow sabre cats, now bears and snow foxes, as well as snow wolves, were also roaming around peacefully. The predators did not show any hint of threat and seemed to enjoy the company of others, be it rival predators or preys.

"What on Mundus in happening?!" she muttered.

Suddenly her beast blood pulsed in response to the presence of Hircine nearby. This time the horsed trotted lightly while its rider was busy observing the peculiar sight. Few meters from the side of the road, Ammra saw a man sitting alone on a tree stump. At first glance, he appeared like a normal hunter, but having the beast blood enabling Ammra to see his true form. Behind that hunter's mortal flesh was the Daedric Prince Hircine.

What business he did in the mortal realm was unknown to her, nor was she eager to know. It was quite a rare sight and honestly, it was the first time she saw the prince. Hircine slowly turned his head to her and smiled. With a single silent command, he ordered her horse to walked closer.

"Dammit! What now?!" she complained and cursing herself for not escaping sooner.

"Where are you heading, young pup?" he asked.

"Umm...I am heading to Windhelm's dock." She replied, unsure how to act.

"Running an errand, I suppose?"

"Y-yes." She stuttered, impatient to end the conversation. She did not want to get involved in whatever thing he was doing or would do.

Hircine sigh, his masculine face softened as he did so. "I feel sorry for you, young pup. It's Labour day but you are still working. How diligent of you."