Chapter 30

I'm using the same cover because why not.

Mephala's power began corrupting the whole body of Apocrypha

Mephala's power began corrupting the whole body of Apocrypha. The ground shook hard as if a terrible earthquake took place. Ranks of Lurkers and Seekers under his control were attacking their own kinds, who still obeyed Hermaeus Mora. Every time one creature died, another one emerged from the dark inky sea. Since this happened on both sides, their clash of power creating a never-ending cycle of battle throughout the realm. 

"Filthy little mortal!" Hermaeus Mora's voice echoed throughout the sky. His wrath was inevitable yet he had Mephala to take care of first.

The tower where Miraak and Ammra stood began to shake when a giant made of tentacles approaching. In the next second, the giant winced as more tentacles of Mephala materialized and grew from its body and began to feed on other limbs. The giant roared in pain and wrath, one hand tearing apart the dark-purplish tentacles from its body. Both Dovakiins knew the final battle was drawing near.

Mul Qah Diiv...

Miraak readied himself, changing to his battle mode. Ammra gazed at him for a moment and secretly smiled seeing him covered by the ethereal set of dragon armor. Its glow radiated a strong power. 

 "This reminds me of how we first meet." She muttered.

Hermueus Mora didn't allow them to escape. A loud thud echoed from the sea below the tower. The dark sea was heaving, and as if a huge wave, a clump of dark liquid rose then drew near. When it washed the edge of the summit, the dark liquid turned into dozens of Lurkers and Seekers. Without giving any more second, as soon as they materialized, all Seekers fired their electrical wave toward both Dragonborns.

Ammra and Miraak responded fast. He swiftly conjured a barrier out of the same dark tentacles before them to block the attack. As soon as enemies stopped, Ammra took it as a sign to commence her action. She darted to the right while at the same time unsheathing Daedric swords on both hands. The young Dragonborn stepped out from the barrier and charged from the rear side with her Dremora Lords. The three began mowing the enemies mercilessly while Miraak swept the rank of Lurkers with his tremendous magic.

Yol...Toor...Shul... Miraak roared the fire breath thu'um.

Krii...Lun...Aus... the marked for death thu'um echoed from another side of the battle field.

Both Dragonborns unleashed their powers,turning the summit of the tower into a site of carnage. Their thu'um came one after another, roaring under the sky that had turned into a combination of green and purple as half of the realm had been under Mephala's control.The elder Dragonborn fought his way to Ammra. When he quickly noticed she was about to be smashed from behind, Miraak instantly fired the attacker with the lightning bolt. They immediately stood back-to-back again while the flock of Seekers encircled them. 

 "It is time," Ammra said. "Mephala and Mora have been merging enough."

"What is your plan?"

"Can you clear them out of this place first? They're kinda smelly." She jested.