Chapter 16

I cannot stop thinking Eldergleam was a giant Sakura tree. But let's try to feel the tranquility they both shared under the fluttering pinkish petals as they finally got the chance to talk.

I'll try to keep this short and sweet

The gentle breeze that carried the fallen petals added serenity to the place

The gentle breeze that carried the fallen petals added serenity to the place. Kynareth felt the pressure she felt and tried to ease her pain. While at the same time, the divine rekindled the feeling that had long lost within the memory of the first Dragonborn. 

"Miraak,"  finally Ammra spoke, turning her head to him who was sitting not far from her. The man answered with a low hum. "Why didn't you kill me last night?"

"Why do you think?" 

She gave out that loud 'tsk' then thinking for a moment before answering, "Because you are planning something cruel...like waiting the right time...?"

"Why do you think I plan to kill you, in the first place?"

She frowned. "Isn't it all you want?" she asked and Miraak just realized she got the point. "Ever since I saw how you spoke in Riften, I knew I should take your threat more seriously." Miraak just gazed at her for a moment then turned away. "Am I right? You are planning something?"

He looked up to the tree, not wanting to answer. He was quite unsure himself as to why he could be in a rage when Ammra being closed with someone of the opposite sex. All he knew was he wanted her all for himself. 

"Perhaps I am just curious about your project." He knew he was lying. 

She thought for a while. "So, you really are interested in my project? Why didn't you just say?"

"You are the most foolish and brilliant mortal I've ever seen." He said with his usual flat tone in a rich deep voice. "You might want to take my suggestion, little one. Those men who you were close with are distracting you, taking too much of your time. I'm quite sure you remember the possible threat from the Daedric princes, right? You need to finish this in great haste."

Miraak played his words wisely even if his main intention was to keep her away from people like Vilkas, Bynjolf, or any other pest. Just like he thought, Ammra agreed. She nodded faintly while thinking of what he said. He felt proud of himself.

"Isn't it the time I know about your project?" he took the liberty to navigate the conversation he just knew he missed.

"I've told you. It is to enter Molag Bal's realm."

"You are a terrible liar." He snapped. "There are two divines left..."

"Three. Half from Mara, Half from Dibella. It made them one." She mumbled fast. Being the First Dragonborn who was worshipped, being interrupted was something he least tolerated. But she was not wrong. Miraak was annoyed but couldn't resist her innocent gaze.