Chapter 10

Dear readers, are you ready to Fus Ro Dah the upcoming week??? Both of our Dragonborns would happily help you ragdoll the days away. :D

When the sun rose, Miraak found himself awoke feeling well-rested

When the sun rose, Miraak found himself awoke feeling well-rested.  Even if what happened in his dream and his vision of Ammra faded, he still remembered all. A mighty Dragon Priest like him was put to sleep like a child? He felt his dignity tainted. 

But the culprit, on the other hand, acted as if nothing happened. They continued their journey with Ammra leading on. 

The third place of the power of the divine was located beneath the surface. They had to make their way through an entrance and ended up in a tremendous cave with Dwemer ruin. Luckily there was not Falmer inhabitant. There was some spider guardian but it was not much of a threat. 

When they reached some point of the ruin began to sense the resonance of Julianos. She let her sense lead her through the hall with halted steam machines. After a while, they finally arrived in a room that resembled a round Colosseum but on a much smaller scale. Miraak followed her as she stepped down the stone staircase toward the center. 

The lowest level of that place had a flat floor made of stone and a table precisely in the middle. Dwemer was known for meticulous logic and architecture. Ammra believed the table in the place had something to do with the power source. "It's here," she said. 

Ammra began taking a few drops of blood from her finger then gave the chalice to Miraak. As soon as it gathered she placed it on the table. When she was about to conjure the magic circle, Ammra stopped midway then narrowed her eyes, thinking.

"Something wrong?" Miraak asked.

"Julianos wanted me to give him a riddle for fun," she said. 

In a split second, his surrounding changed as Ammra's power connected to his body. Miraak saw how the empty terraced seating was full of spectators. Miraak could not believe he could see the Dwemer again. All of them seemed to eagerly wait for Ammra to speak.

He turned to her who gazed at the audience. "They called me a bell," her voiced echoed. "But I am not ringing. I did not ring nor will I. And I am not meant to ring. What am I?"

The spectators started to discuss amongst them. Ammra's gaze met Miraak's and she just grinned. He did not care what the riddle was but eventually could not stop himself from thinking of the answer. After a few moments, none of them could answer. 

"Surrender?" she asked. Their silence and eagerness showing an obvious answer. Ammra giggled then said, " it's a diving bell." they gasped in awe and nodded. Suddenly their body dispersed into thousands of light then manifested into a stream of water. 

The ground shook and both Dragonborns felt the floor they stepping on rose while the staircases sank. The place that previously dropped inward, turned outward, making the floor the highest peak. Now it seemed that has turned into a mini Mayan Temple with a flight of stone steps.

Ammra gasped in astonishment. When the shift stabilized, she conjured the magic circle which now emitting a red glow. With that, she obtained a third blessing.  "It was magnificent!" she exclaimed with a wide smile.

The ruin was enormous. The moment they returned to the surface the sun started to set. "Solitude is near here. Let's go!" 

With each passing ritual, Miraak's admiration of her invention grew bigger.  Inventing a magic circle for an energy-capturing ritual was not an easy job. He knew it. And yet, what she captured is something from the divines. Additionally, Ammra was planning to make a portal out of it. 

He wondered what actually she was after with such effort and hassle.

"Look! The Dragon Bridge! Let's hurry! We can arrive at the city before..." her words suddenly stopped as she fired a lightning bolt toward the trees. "I know you are there!" she stepped back closer to Miraak who sensed some sort of power too.

There were snarling sounds then suddenly several bloodhounds jumped out of the bushes and attacked them.

Fus Ro Dah...

Miraak and Ammra shouted almost at the same time. They turned at each other for a brief second, smirked, then charged toward the enemies. Several vampires started shooting ice spears but Ammra dodged them. As they began to use the life drain spell, Ammra used her fire breath shout.

Miraak on the other hand must cope with the situation where he could only rely on the sword and limited shout shouts. His magic—his main power—was not yet fully awakened. They fought their way until the last vampire ran away. Before the situation calmed down, a flock of necromancers ambushed them.

From their robe, Miraak could tell that they were of the same group who attacked in Windhelm. The zombies encircled them in no time. Ammra started with the Guardian Circle spell. As a round of bright light surrounded them, the enemies were kept at bay.

They were back-to-back. Ammra felt a brief assurance when their body touched. Miraak on the other hand feeling glad he had someone he could do malice with. There was an explosion of wind from them as Ammra cast Bane Undead spell, and they charged forward at the same time.

Fus Ro Dah...

Miraak happily pushing them around. His hand swinging fast as he mowed the enemies like straw and made his way to the conjurer. The thrill of the battle triggered his Magica vein to run fast. Until at some point, without he realized it, he cast an Elemental Blast toward the enemies. The explosion killed them. He grinned to see the sight.

"Kyaaa...." he heard Ammra screamed. She kneeled to the ground. There was a spike of purple crystal nested on her arm. A stream of purple dark light absorbed from Ammra toward the remaining conjurers. "No...Ugh..." she cried.

Miraak glared at them then cast chain lightning to clear the way from zombies and marching on toward the conjurers. He was more than ready to slay them.

"Papa, you are home. Look what I made!" her cheerful sound rang inside her head. The vision came and she saw her home. She was waiting for her from work. Christmas was coming and she had knitted three scarves; one for her father, one for her mother, and one for herself.

"Oh dear, it is so beautiful!" she helped her father put it on.

"Welcome home, honey." Her mother came, holding a tray with fruit cake and warm milk.

The memory rendered her powerless as pain burned inside her body. Her head was aching and her body limp. She slumped to the ground, unable to stop the memory from coming. But she forced her way to stand up for she still remembered that she was in the middle of the fight.

The conjurer somewhat became stronger as they conjured zombies nonstop. Their Magica seemed limitless. Miraak roared and shouted those worms. Beside him, Ammra was struggling even to stand up. She glared at the conjurer who shot her the purple crystal.

Wuld Nah Kest...

she shouted and her body darted toward that particular conjurer. As she was close, she thrust the hidden dagger she had under her sleeve.

"Take her while she is weakened!" one of the enemies said. But a force pulling her backward before the enemies reached her. Miraak stood in front of Ammra, readied himself.

In a split second, he fired the chain lightning that hit one target then immediately leaped to another. It all happened in a few seconds and the enemies died.