Epilogue 5 - When She is Jealous 1

Jealousy level: Low

Ammra was, without a doubt, dense and insensitive. Even if she was an adult, it did not mean she had much experience being in a relationship. On the other hand, Miraak who had lived much longer than her was more than mature. Compared to Ammra, the gap of experience was too much. Thus, the elder Dragonborn took the chance to lead. In fact, he was always more than happy to be in control.

It all began when they were in Falkreath for a mission. The sudden downpour made them halted the case for the enemies and took shelter at the inn.

"Shor's bones, a handsome man in Falkreath!" a tall slender woman exclaimed when she approached their table to pick up the order. Her eyes showed a blatant admiration for Miraak.

All this time it was normal in Ammra's eyes for a servant to do such 'lip service' in a form of flattery for their patrons. But now she felt something was odd. "Serve us the best food you have," Ammra said without a second thought. All of in sudden she wanted the women to leave soon.

"Sure, Milady." He said then gazed at Miraak," I'll be back soon, handsome." She winked.

Had it not for the candlelit at the nearby table, he would have missed her puffing cheeks. "Something troubling you?" he asked.

Ammra who was not so sure why she was angry couldn't speak a word. "Is he really that handsome?" she thought. "He still looked unfriendly. No one could possibly fall for him..." she wondered while briefly glanced at him.

After a brief observation, Ammra finally realized a fact she had been ignoring. Miraak had it; the intimidating charm. After spending enough time in the mortal realm, his once pale as dead complexion turned normal. His eyes were the bluest orbs that the clear sky would envy, yet it pierced the victims on which they gazed at. It imperatively drew respect from men, but the same vicious effect could easily make women weak on their knees as if turning their body into a pool of melted snow.

Ammra had been silent for few seconds while staring at him. Miraak noticed this and gave her a questioning look. "Little one?" he waved one hand before her face but Ammra did not even blink. Her mind was busy analyzing the living relic before her eyes.

His tall big build posed threat, yet any female with a sane brain could take it as a comfortable place to lay on. Not to mention his smug and usually proud face! He could easily draw people to a fight with such countenance yet it could also attract women in a seductively mean way.

All of in sudden she jolted and drawn back to her sense when Miraak boop her tip of the nose. "Like what you see, little one?" he asked smugly.

"Guh." She grunted and he chuckled lightly.

"Ever since we arrived here, you seemed annoyed. What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." She replied while turning away, not wanting Miraak to know her new unfamiliar emotion. Soon after, the woman came and served the food.

"Is there anything else I can help you with, handsome?"

"Yes," Ammra said. "Please leave us alone." Her smooth voice was cold.

At that moment Miraak figured out by himself. After the poor maid left, he looked at her intently while smiling proudly. Suddenly Ammra sighed in regret. "What have I done? I was too rude." Then she added. "I'll go apologizing. Have your meal." He held her hand when Ammra was about to stand up.

"Stay here, little one." He told her.

"But I need to apologize. I was suddenly in a bad mood without I knew why and it doesn't mean I can be rude to someone else."

Miraak couldn't help but chuckle. She was even more adorable when trying to identify her jealousy. The first Dragonborn was too proud and amused to relate her regret.

"She was annoying. I thank you for getting rid of her quick." When she was about to protest, Miraak interrupted. "Let's have our dinner."

When they were about to rent the room, Miraak took the chance to talk to the innkeeper. "Give us the room with the best privacy. No twin beds. I want a double bed." He said it loud and clear so the maid who had been flirting him could hear. Next to him, Ammra quietly looked down to hide her embarrassment. She was sure everyone at the inn could hear him.

*****

There will be more later, stay tuned :D