Epilogue 6 - When She is Jealous 2

In the previous chapter, I showed how Ammra acted when she was mildly jealous. Now I'll write how she behaved to the next level of jealousy.

 Now I'll write how she behaved to the next level of jealousy

Jealousy level: Medium

Few days after the mission in Falkreath, both Dragonborns found themselves at the temple of Mara. No, it wasn't their wedding. It was Farkas and Aela's. And the proud elder Dragonborn cared to join only to keep an eye for Vilkas. For some reason, Miraak did not trust him even if he claimed he was in relation.

The ceremony was sweet and solemn. When it was time for the guest to congratulate the newlyweds, some members of Companion began asking when Vilkas would take an arrow on the knee. When he only replied with a wry chuckle, others started to bring up how he tried to woo Ammra.

Fortunately, Miraak was quite far to hear the chatter, else, things would get really bad. He might fus ro dah Athis and Torvar for their insolence. As soon as the ceremony ended, Ammra excused herself then made her way to the Mistveil Keep to answer the call from the Jarl.

"I'll just wait here." He told her. Normally he would just join her but all of a sudden he sensed the presence of Daedric power somewhere nearby, so he wanted to remain his guard up.

"Okay."

It had been more than ten days since Ammra discarded her beast blood. There was no sign of threat until now. At first Miraak thought the Daedric Prince might happen to just pass by. However, after almost half an hour, its power did not leave the place. Keeping his sense sharp, Miraak knew the Daedric was among the market crowd but he couldn't tell which because there were too many people. Eventually, he decided to step into the market area. Perhaps he could tell in a closer look.

When he was trying to detect the creature, a woman suddenly approaching.

"A new face in Riften." She spoke. "Looking for a place to stay? The Bunkhouse is your place." Miraak remained silent. He gazed at her for a brief second then turned his head away as he sensed the Daedric power was moving away. "Oh dear, you are the quiet type. And handsome too. Are you looking for someone?"

He jolted slightly when an arm made its way to encircle his arm. "Do you need something, Healga?" Ammra spoke with a normal tone while internally struggling to suppress her anger. She forced a smile but not noticing her arm squeezed Miraak's tighter.

She learned her lesson in Falkreath. Ammra did not want her burst of emotion to affect her way of behaving. Thus, showing their relationship through body language was a good choice when it was so difficult to maintain her vocal tone.

For some moment, Miraak was distracted from the Daedric matter and looked at Ammra. Hi was so amused to see how she tried to be calm and not being rude when she was jealous. She looked completely like a child who hugged her most favorite thing dearly.

"Owh, I—I didn't expect that you were...you were with him." Haelga stuttered.

"Yes. I am with him," she told her. "Now if you excuse us," she forced a smile again then subconsciously dragging Miraak toward the city gate.

"Who she thinks she is! She is old, she should find someone of the same age!" Amrma ranted inside her head. "But Miraak is five thousand years old. It means I am not supposed to be...Ugh! Whatever! I cannot let her...Dibellan Arts...Geez..."

"If you keep squeezing me like that, you'll break my arm, little one." His voice drew her back to her sense. Ammra just realizing she had been hugging his arms extremely tight.

"Oh, forgive me." She immediately let it go. "Was it hurt? So—sorry." She apologized with deep regret. Her puppy eyes would have made him kissed her hard had only they were inside a room.

She turned away, not wanting to look at him in the eyes. But Miraak noticed her red face. She was embarrassed yet her puffed cheeks showing how upset she was. Even after what happened in Falkreath, Miraak still did not say her being jealous. He simply enjoyed the sight and let her figured things out herself. Ammra being confused could be great entertainment.

"It looks like you are upset. What's the matter?" he pretended to be oblivious.

She opened her mouth to answer but halted out of hesitation. Ammra tilted her head, blinked twice while thinking for a moment. "Well, it is not my place to judge and I don't like to talk behind someone else's back. But the woman Haelga had a...bad records among several men..." she said carefully.

"You don't think she was capable of causing any harm on me, do you?"

"Of course, no!" she chided. "I mean...she is..." she noticed Miraak was waiting for her to explain while she was even still confused about her anger. Ammra sighed eventually, unable to find the right thing to say. "Anyway, the Jarl appointed me to do some escorting task."

He remained silent seeing her attempt to ignore what she was experiencing.

"Some groups of caravans will go to Windhelm. They are waiting by the Riften Stable now." She was relieved the task distracted her from the annoying burst of emotion. "Let's go!"

As soon as they arrived at the stable outside the city's gate, Ammra was surprised to see Serana. She smiled widely and gave her a firm hug. It was not like her to do such a thing but Ammra thought that perhaps Serana became more cheerful after being free from the prophecy.

"Why are you here?" Ammra asked her.

"I was traveling. Where are you going? Can I join in your adventure this time?" even if she felt something unfamiliar, Ammra still accepted her best friend's request.

The journey to find Auriel's Bow had made them feel like sisters to each other. Certainly, in this short errand to Windhelm, they could enjoy the adventure together again as they did once. That was what Ammra thought. She was with the best sister and the best man she ever had, what could go wrong? One vampire and two Dragonborns; this would be the safest travel.

As the caravan group started moving Serana rode the horse next to Ammra who was in charge of leading and making sure everyone's safe. Meanwhile, Miraak was watching over the groups from the rear side.

Ever since the caravan started moving, his eyes never left Serana and Ammra. The vampire caught his attention. He watched as she talked to Ammra. They giggled and sometimes laughing. Yet after some moment, their body language turned serious.

"Who was the man with you earlier? He has such enchanting blue eyes." Serana

"He is Miraak." She carefully told her. Serana knew some cultists who happened to attacked them before. Ammra thought she might be surprised but Serana remained calmed. As far as he remembered, Serana hated the cultist and resented the old Miraak. "How could she be so calm? Did she forget about it already?"

"Is he single? He's adorable." Her voiced said everything. This time Miraak successfully ensnared even the vampire with a cold heart.

To Be Continued... :P

Wait in the next chapter to see what happens :D

So stay tuned