Chapter 6: Of Pranks and Bets

After he finished his evening meal, Loki went to Professor McGonagall's office for his detention. He had to write an essay about how to behave around teachers. With a smirk, he went to work. He was halfway through his piece when he saw that Professor McGonagall was carefully watching him.

"Is there a problem Professor?" he asked curiously.

McGonagall, ripped from her thoughts, slightly blushed upon being caught staring.

"I've just been thinking about something Mr Weasley told me this night. He was caught sneaking around the 6th years female Slytherin dorms. You don't happen to know anything about it, do you?"

"Well, from what I heard, it seems that he effectively woke everyone up there and got hexed for it pretty badly. Not to mention that they marked him as a pervert," he answered, suspicious about what the point behind all this was.

"So, you don't know how he got in there?"

"Should I?" he grew even more suspicious.

"Mr Weasley insisted that you ported him there with only a snap of your fingers."

Ah, so that's how the land lies. "We both know that this should be impossible. I assume that there are many wards around the school which prevent things like porting someone somewhere within them. Also, porting someone with only a snap of his fingers? I doubt that anyone who isn't a real master of the art could pull such a stunt and I'm just a first-year student" he told her with a grin which spoke of nothing good.

McGonagall narrowed her eyes. There was something about Loki she couldn't pinpoint. On the one hand, he was right. He was a first-year student at Hogwarts, so he shouldn't be able to do such a thing. But on the other side, there seemed to be much more about him. That had also shown the lesson this morning where he had transformed his matchstick without any real effort. She even heard the subjunctive in his explanation, so there really was something wrong, but she couldn't say what.

"Well, continue with your essay" she definitely would have an eye on him.

Half an hour later, Loki was back in the common room. He went straight to the twins who sat in a corner obviously planning something. Harry and Neville, who sat next to the fireplace, came over, and the three sat down with the twins.

"Guys, I need your help" Loki started.

They looked at each other before with a broad grin, they looked at him.

"What do you need, master?"

"Please stop calling me master" he growled, but upon seeing their puppy dog eyes, he sighed. "Okay, okay, if you really want to...I want to prank someone, and I need your help with it."

A malicious glee appeared on the twins' face, and Loki explained what he wanted to do. Even Harry and Neville, while not as eager as the twins but glad they could help, got a part in it and so they started to plan how to pull it off and prepared everything.