Chapter 24: Shocks, Surprises and Demons In Between

When Harry saw Dean, or better yet his aura, he didn't know whether to smack himself on the forehead, Dean over the head, or start laughing uproariously. He watched how Sam ran over to his brother and embraced him in a hug – thankfully, Dean was sitting, or it would have been hard with Sam being a child at the moment. Sam didn't even make sure that it was his brother when Harry couldn't keep it to himself anymore and started to snicker.

"Jesus Christ, you don't do things half-heartedly, do you, Dean?" he laughed.

This earned him a snicker from Sirius who now stood in the kitchen leaning against the counter watching everything, and a glare from Dean over his brother's shoulder. The man's eyes were completely black.

"Dean, it is so good to have you back," Sam muttered into Dean's shoulder before he drew back again. "How are you? Are you alright? How was your stay in hell? What..." he started to question his brother but was quickly interrupted by an amused Dean.

"Sam. SAM! Calm down, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon," he laughed. "I'm well but...there are a few things we have to discuss."

Raising an eyebrow, Sam looked at Dean now, worried because his brother had tensed up.

"What is it? What's wrong?" he asked, sitting down on the chair next to Dean. "Your stay in hell...our plan worked, didn't it?"

"Yes, everything went according to the plan, but um...," he started helplessly looking at Harry. Still, the boy only smirked at him, telling him that this was his brother and his job to explain it. "I don't know how to tell you this...but...."

"Merlin, Dean...tell me already! It's not like you suddenly decided to say yes to Michael, have you?" Sam was increasingly frustrated now, but Dean quickly denied that.

"No that's not it...it's just..." Dean sighed deeply before looking Sam straight into the eyes, his eyes flashing black before returning to normal.

Sam though, to Dean's utter surprise, just stared blankly at him as if nothing had happened at all.

"Sam?" Dean asked after a few minutes of utter silence, no one daring to say anything.

"I'm only surprised that it took you that long," was Sam's only deadpan answer.

Dean started to splutter. "You...WHAT?"

"Dean seriously, I'm not stupid. When Loki informed me that Crowley told him that you and Alastair work alarmingly well together, I already suspected something like that might happen. The next day, I took Loki aside, explaining to me a few things about demons. You're a demon? So what? As long as you don't start to hunt down and torture innocents there are worse things that could have happened," he explained with a smile. His talk with Loki about demons really had been an eye-opener.

 His talk with Loki about demons really had been an eye-opener

~ Flashback ~

"But what if Dean becomes a demon?" Sam nearly whined, he didn't know how else he could tell Loki that he feared what might happen if that was the case.