Chapter 16: The Rise and Fall of Demon Bitches

For Loki and Sirius, it was the next day. Loki had to say that after a long bath and a good night's sleep, Sirius looked completely different. Sure, he was still far too thin, but he wasn't as pale anymore, and he looked more like Lord Black he was, than some homeless stray. Nonetheless, they would have to buy a new wardrobe for the man since he had nothing to wear other than what Loki conjured up for him.

They were just enjoying breakfast or more lunch since Sirius slept until one in the afternoon when Loki suddenly felt that Harry was in danger.

"Is something wrong?" Sirius asked in concern upon seeing Loki's strange expression and tensing up. "Is Harry alright?"

"I don't know, but I have to go. Don't worry, I'll be right back" Loki answered absently.

Without waiting for a reply, he teleported straight into the room he knew was Harry's and hid in a corner concealing himself to assess the situation first. He didn't want to make the situation worse, after all. Standing in the shadows, he observed what happened in the room.

A blond woman who was apparently a demon pressed Harry against the wall. Harry stood there the knife pressed against his throat unpleasantly but not hard enough that it actually cut into his skin and drew blood. It was to his own curiosity that he kept his calm the entire time, neither fear nor panic raising its ugly head.

"You're making a big mistake," Harry drawled out.

"Ah, yes? You don't seem to know who I am human...what I am and what I am capable of," the blond woman said in a taunting voice. Her eyes flashed black before she laughed sadistically.

"Some demon obviously but you know what?" he said. Making a few movements with his hand unknown by the woman, she suddenly had a surprised expression on her face before sinking motionless to the floor. "I have a knife able to kill your kind," Harry added absently rubbing his throat where only seconds earlier the knife had been.

He had levitated one of the knives he bought on his first day at the Rabbit Hole which now lay on the table in his room. With a flick of his hand rammed it straight into the neck of the demon, killing her instantly. Right now, he was glad that he bought them.

Just at that moment, Sam came rushing into his room concern written all over his face.

"Ruby...Harry, what happened here?" he asked with a gaze on the dead demon who had a knife sticking in her neck blood slowly dripping off the wound and pooling beneath her. "Are you alright?"

"Yes..."

But he suddenly started to tremble and would have fallen onto the floor if not for Sam's quick reaction. Sam guided him carefully to the bed where they both sat down. It seems that now that the danger was over, he started to realise fully what happened and what he did.

Sam knew from his own experience that the first time you took someone's life as dangerous as the said person might be...it changed you, especially at such an age.

"What happened here? Did you kill Ruby?" he asked cautiously.

"I just wanted to get changed for some swimming when she suddenly burst into my room. She just wanted to leave again when she attacked me and pinned me to the wall," Harry said with a shaking voice. "She bragged that there are demons who would like to get me in their hands, especially Lilith."

He shuddered upon the thought of what the woman...Ruby said that other demon would do to him.

"She...I..." his voice failed.

Sam placed an arm around Harry and pulled him towards him to lean comfortably against his side.

"It is okay," he started, rubbing soothingly over his back when he felt it.