Chapter 10: Quidditch

A few minutes later, Loki sat in Professor McGonagall's office looking at said woman expectantly.

"Mr Laufeyson, who in Merlin's name are you? You're definitely not a normal first-year student" she asked him.

"Interesting that you didn't find out by yourself by now" he started to muse but only earned a daring glare from McGonagall. "Okay...okay."

He snapped with his fingers and on McGonagall's desk appeared a copy of the book that Hermione read when she learned who he is. Right next to it a bottle of the best Scotch one could buy for the money.

"I'd suggest you read that book, then we talk again," he said.

She took a closer look at the said book when suddenly realisation hit her. In an instant, she grabbed the bottle and poured some into the glass that readily stood on her desk. She just wanted to drink it in one go, but she only took a small sip enjoying the taste when she tasted the liquid.

"That explains...everything but don't you think that you can bribe me with Scotch no matter how good" she growled, but Loki laughed.

"Didn't want to. Let's just call it extra payment for the headaches I gave you."

McGonagall growled upon that. "Why are you here? What do you want? Other than giving me a coronary."

"Rest assured that this is the very last thing I want to achieve. To be honest, I like and respect you. You're a great woman and an excellent teacher" this wasn't a lie, he really liked her. She was a competent and good teacher despite being biased sometimes.

"But why are you here, then?"

"Well first because I was quite bored and second because of Harry. Though I have to admit that something is strange about him. I don't know how to put it but from time to time..." he shrugged helplessly.

"James' son I see" that also was the reason why she finally recognised Loki. She knew very well who the Marauders prayed to. Thinking about it now she could bang her head against something solid for not identifying him earlier, especially with this dead giveaway of his name.

She sighed while pinching the bridge of her nose. "Okay since I don't doubt that getting you expelled just for who you are would initiate a riot especially within Gryffindor I won't do anything about it. For now!"

She doubted that this would even work since he managed to get into Hogwarts once and nothing could make sure that he wouldn't show up again.

"Don't think though that this is a carte blanch to do as you like. Should you hurt anyone..." she started but quickly was interrupted.

"Professor, what do you assume I am? A monster? They are children for heaven's sake. I have only two rules: for once not messing with candy in harmful ways and second, not hurting children. Nothing justifies this. I prank them, yes, and some pranks might be embarrassing for the receiving end, but I never would outright bully or hurt someone."

"And what about Mr Weasley? You dumped him in a girl's dorm in the middle of the night" she rose an eyebrow.

Loki sighed. "Did you have a look at his behaviour? I didn't mention this earlier not to embarrass Ms Granger. Nevertheless, he was the reason she hid in the toilette the entire afternoon only because she wanted to help him. The night I ported him into the girl's dorm, which by the way was an accident, he first woke up our entire dorm with his snoring and when I woke him up, he nearly attacked me. I just wanted to dump him somewhere in the Slytherin common room. That he ended up in the girl's dorm wasn't planned."

McGonagall hummed hearing that. He was right. She also got several other complaints about the behaviour of Ronald Weasley.

"I believe you. Though I don't want to hear of another incident like that. You can go now" McGonagall dismissed Loki with a wave of her hand.