Chapter 40: Happy Birthday

Michael sat in his chair staring at Crowley, lost for words. After a moment, however, he stood up and began to pace deep in thought.

"This could be bad," he muttered. "If he shows up here...."

Crowley watched the man pacing. He wondered why it would be so terrible if Lucifer got to know more about Harry, other than the quite obvious threat he could pose towards the boy.

"Talk to me Dumbledore, why is it so bad?" he finally asked.

"Because of what could happen should Lucifer show up here at Hogwarts," Michael retorted before he continued his pacing.

Crowley was confused. Why would it be so bad if he showed up here at Hogwarts? Okay, Dumbledore was, in reality, an angel. But in what way could that be a problem? The only angel he could think of that Lucifer would have a problem with was.... But, wait, could that be?

"Don't tell me...you're...?" he began shell shocked.

However, he was quickly silenced by Michael's glare that clearly spoke of retribution should he say his name. The archangel certainly didn't want others to know about this even with his warding, which should hopefully prevent any eavesdropping.

"Okay, now I see why that would be a spectacularly bad idea."

Though what made him wonder was why Michael was here on earth, to begin with. His sources reported to him that Michael absolutely despised humanity and thought it a good idea that enslaving them was an excellent way to deal with them. However, now he found that same archangel not only on earth but also actively working to avoid fighting his brother. That didn't even put into consideration that the archangel was definitely not averse to working with demons.

Crowley certainly expected a lot when he learned that heaven and a few from hell wanted to kick start the apocalypse. Anything from the slaughter of everything on the planet to the total annihilation of absolutely everything, heaven, hell and earth.

What he absolutely didn't expect was...that. All that made him wonder how his information could be that wrong. It seemed that everything he thought he knew was turned upside down lately, beginning with Loki demanding of him to make a deal with specific individuals. Since then, the surprises didn't want to stop.

Michael huffed but still paced around. He went through his hair in frustration; this was a nightmare. When he left heaven, he had hoped that he could avoid all this shit, but it looked like he would have to deal with it anyway. That was when a thought came to him.

"Did you say that before that incident with Harry, Lucifer was more indifferent about whether he got out or not?" he asked for clarification.

Crowley looked at him oddly but nodded. "Yes, as far as I know, he didn't make any effort to help with getting out but simply watched. It only changed when Harry showed up."

Michael hummed. This indeed was interesting. Again he went through his hair with his hand before he came to a decision.

"Tell him about Harry. Take advantage of the fact that you have the knowledge that he seeks. Get to know what he really wants to do once he's out," he told the demon.

He usually wasn't one to take advantage of something like this, not to mention his brother. Yes, even after their fight, he still counted Lucifer as his brother, but in this case, it was necessary.

"Are you out of your bloody mind?" Crowley thundered. "You said yourself that it would be a horrible idea if he shows up here. So now you want to give him all the necessary information to find you?"