Chapter 7: I Believe I Can Fly

Thursday morning, the three friends sat together at the Gryffindor table excitingly chatting about today's flying lesson. Harry was eager to fly while Neville was scared because he had never been on a broom before. His grandmother kept him away from those as she feared he would have an accident. Loki, on the other hand, was pretty bored. He was an angel after all, and he could fly whenever he wanted without something stupid like a broom.

Suddenly, a barn owl descended and landed in front of Neville carrying a small package from his granny. He unwrapped it and out came a small glass ball about the size of a tennis ball filled with white smoke.

"This is a Remembrall, but what do I want with it?" he asked curiously.

"What is a Remembrall?" Harry looked at the ball curiously.

"It is a ball that shows you when you forgot something. As long as the smoke in it is white, everything is okay. But when it turns red, it means that you forgot something" that was Seamus.

Neville looked at it, not knowing what to think of it. The smoke stayed plain white. Loki grabbed it and turned it in his fingers. Suddenly the smoke went a bloody red.

"Oh great I forgot something, but it won't mind telling me WHAT...stupid useless thing..." he rambled.

In a fit of frustration, he threw the ball behind him.

"Ouch, what was that for?" Malfoy rubbed his chin while holding the glass ball in the other hand.

"Ah hi Barbie, how are you?" his mood lightening up significantly upon the sight of his favourite pranking target in Hogwarts.

Malfoy's head turned slowly red out of anger and embarrassment.

"I would be careful if I where you or I shatter your sweet little ball."

"It isn't his; it's mine" Neville retorted. "And you can keep it if you want, I have no use for it."

Harry looked at him in shock upon hearing that. He didn't think Neville would openly attack someone like Malfoy. It seems that being with him and Loki did a lot about the boy's shyness. Even if it was only a few weeks since they first met. Or he couldn't take Malfoy seriously anymore since his little dance, Harry wasn't entirely sure about that.

 Or he couldn't take Malfoy seriously anymore since his little dance, Harry wasn't entirely sure about that

It was after lunch, and they had their first flying lesson. Loki, Harry and Neville stood together. Neville looked slightly ill while Loki warily eyed the brooms laid in two neat rows on the grass. They looked like they saw better days decades ago and were a catastrophe waiting to happen. Harry, in the meantime, was eagerly awaiting the lesson.

"Good Afternoon, everyone. Now, step forward and stand next to a broom" Madam Hooch told them shortly after arriving.

"Now hold out your right hand over the broom and say: Up!"

Everyone shouted "Up", and several brooms jumped into the respective person's hand, including Harry's. Neville's, on the other hand, stayed firmly on the ground. At the same time, Loki hadn't even commanded his yet. But with a sharp "Up" his also jumped up and into his hand.